Chapala.com Webboard

S.O.S.E. Security

cedros

I had a security system installed by Carlos Gonzalez from SOSE Security a little over 3 years ago. A motion detector in the two main rooms, a panel, a keypad without a display, and a siren outside. Wireless. Recently the siren went off twice for no reason. I called Carlos and he came, fiddled around a bit and said he didn't know why-maybe some stray radio signals. Later that day the siren went off again. Carlos said he needed to come and check it with a keypad that has a display so it would list the problem. 3 days and Carlos hasn't reappeared. I didn't realize that Carlos had left SOSE years ago. I notice there is now a SOSE office in Ajijic. My questions are; has anyone used this "new" office and do the people working there seem to know what they are doing? Does anyone still use Carlos for security?

I had a security system installed by Carlos Gonzalez from SOSE Security a little over 3 years ago. A motion detector in the two main rooms, a panel, a keypad without a display, and a siren outside. Wireless. Recently the siren went off twice for no reason. I called Carlos and he came, fiddled around a bit and said he didn't know why-maybe some stray radio signals. Later that day the siren went off again. Carlos said he needed to come and check it with a keypad that has a display so it would list the problem. 3 days and Carlos hasn't reappeared. I didn't realize that Carlos had left SOSE years ago. I notice there is now a SOSE office in Ajijic. My question is; has anyone used this office and do they know what they are doing?

Our condominium uses SOSE for our main gate intercom. I don't have their phone number.

S.O.S.E has a new sales office @ Ocampo # ? , across the street from Edith's Salon. Ph : 766-0159....main office in Chapala -

Morelos-172 email: sose_seguridadelectronica@hotmail.com Ph: 765-4921 Cell: 331891798

We recommend highly as excellent servicing expierence over the past four years on a monitored system @ approx $40 USD monthly, immediate telephone response (English) to false alarms & less than ten minutes response to our house when we could not be reached by phone to check lot perimeters for access as well as entering gate to see if home secure from exterior.

They monitor exterior infrared led sensors,door & window sensors, motion detectors so they can determine if the perps are moving room to room, if so they contact the police & both attend as SOSE has a gate key only . We have had a motherboard problem which they replaced for a nominal fee & well serviced by Juan that makes recommendations for security based upon his viewpoint of soft spots of the lot & home. We prefer a early warning siren & monitored system as opposed to bars on every door & window.

Hope this assists anyone looking at options to secure their premises for peace of mind.

S.O.S.E has a new sales office @ Ocampo # ? , across the street from Edith's Salon. Ph : 766-0159....main office in Chapala -

Morelos-172 email: sose_seguridadelectronica@hotmail.com Ph: 765-4921 Cell: 331891798

We recommend highly as excellent servicing expierence over the past four years on a monitored system @ approx $40 USD monthly, immediate telephone response (English) to false alarms & less than ten minutes response to our house when we could not be reached by phone to check lot perimeters for access as well as entering gate to see if home secure from exterior.

They monitor exterior infrared led sensors,door & window sensors, motion detectors so they can determine if the perps are moving room to room, if so they contact the police & both attend as SOSE has a gate key only . We have had a motherboard problem which they replaced for a nominal fee & well serviced by Juan that makes recommendations for security based upon his viewpoint of soft spots of the lot & home. We prefer a early warning siren & monitored system as opposed to bars on every door & window.

Hope this assists anyone looking at options to secure their premises for peace of mind.

Are you by any chance affiliated with S.O.S.E? My expierence with S.O.S.E. was not a good one.

In response to JRPJR

No ! The wife & I do not have any other affiliation with S.O.S.E other than being highly statisfied customers. Actually this was my first post as I have always appreciated the comments of expats regarding product/services that they would recommend...certainly assists in the research. Perhaps I gave to much specific information but hopefully beneficial to some.

Sorry to hear that you did not have a "positive expierence " JRPJR !

We have also used S.O.S.E . for about three years on a fully monitored motion detecting and entrance alarm system and agree with Mex4now that their service is excellent and the system they installed at our Ajijic house works well when tripped including one attempted break in while we were out of town that was thwarted completely by their monitoring alarm system. Scared the mierda out of those thieves who were attempting to enter with a duplicate key supplied them by a thieving worker we had hired to do some work in our house. These guys with S.O.S.E. were at our premise in short order as agreed but those ladrones were long gone once that piercing alarm went off. They also called the cops but the cops were unnecessary as those ladrones were in "feets don´t fail me now" mode once that alarm went off and probably didn´t slow down until they crossed the Jocotepec line.

Unlike Mex4now, we have all barred doors and windows and high walls with concertina wire where appropriate in addition to the monitored alarm system and we installed all this security three years ago when our neighborhood suffered a series of home invasion crimes. We lived at Lakeside for some eight years before installing most of these safety features but now could not be more pleased with the security provided by these security measures. Thieves go where opportunities present themselves so obvious security measures matter.

We also have no affiliation with S.O.S.E. but do have another monitored alarm system with another company at our home in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas with whose service we can compare the service of S.O.S.E. in Chapala. We have found the service at S.O.S.E. to be far superior to the Chiapas company although the service of the Chiapas company has been acceptable over the past few years. As you contemplate an alarm system and monitoring company to hire for your own security system, keep in mind that the quality of the equipment and the ongoing service of the monitoring company are critically important factors to consider. S.O.S.E. is a local company and their track record had been very good with us over a few years. We recommend them wthout reservation and, believe me, when it comes to security companies, experience counts.

We also have nothing but positive feedback on SOSE. To add to the above, over the years we've twice had the alarm go off in the early am (once my error, once a technical issue) and both times, after they called, they insisted on sending someone out to check the system. Their response was beyond what I would have expected (I'd have hoped to be a priority call the next am) and they wouldn't accept any tip for the late-night service. In the US, I'd have been lucky to get them to come out in days, not minutes. On another positive note, Carlos "was" SOSE when he installed our system years ago. To his credit and professionalism, he has never tried to poach our business, even when we've seen him in passing, out for dinner, etc. and we've chatted pleasantly.

• 1 year later...

Is S.O.S.E Security still around? The email address listed earlier in this thread does not work, nor does their web site. I have not tried the phone #s. If they're still around and you're a customer, are you still happy with them and do you have contact info? What other security monitoring services are people using (and happy with) at Lakeside these days?

Well this topic is timely as we expierenced a burglary attempt at our casa earlier this evening & thank goodness our monitored S.O.S.E system foiled the perps breakin intentions! After scaling the high wall to gain access to our property, the perp crossed the beam of the exterior Takex Passive Infrared Sensor which triggered the exterior siren . SInce we do not have any bars on any windows, the siren must have scared the perp to run immediately without even trying to pry open the sliding glass doors to gain access to the house.

S.O.S.E immediately called my spouse's cell as we were at a restaurant & since they can tell which "zones" were breached, we requested they call the police . Then my wife got another call from a concerned neighbor due to the siren to advise the police had arrived.

In the meantime, another neighbour's saw the perp push out our vehicle gate hydraulics to get out of the lot & run down the road. The neighbour knew we had walked to a nearby restaurant & came to pick us up.On our way home we ran into two police trucks that had already been to our house to watch the site as our vehicle gate was partially open. The polices response time to the house from S.O.S.E was approximately 3 minutes & they joined us to enter the property, search for any perps hiding on the lot/casita/bodega & inside our home which was not breached.

The $40 USD monthly monitored system that we have had for five years has proven to be an excellent deterent along with vigilant neighbours that believe in Neighbourhood Watch ! So we secured the house/gate & confidently went backout to finish our meal at the restaurant. We will be posting the incident on the local Crime website as well as reporting to the Ministerio Publica.

The benefit of S.O.S.E is that all your interior window/door alarms & motion detectors/exterior sensors can be setup as zones so that they can easily determine a breakin by the "zones" breached in order to call the police immediately. Their monitor can easily tell when your batteries are failing which can lead to "false alarms" & we have had exceptional service from Juan to better understand our system.

Kudos to S.O.S.E, our responsive local Police & of course our attentive neighbours !

Signed- A satisfied client in Ajijic................not a shareholder !

The following comment is meant to help.

I wouldn't write on here that one doesn't have bars on windows and doors, just sayin'.

I'm convinced some local thieves read this forum. We were broken into the day we partially moved in. Yes, I know they also watch but that was too convenient.

I can tell you we're now much more prepared. We had full intention of adding more security at the time but it took a few weeks to have what we needed completed.

I do not think they read the forum but you better believe they are watching, have friends who work for people around , the maid and gardeners gossiping does not help the situation either, workers working outside also can have friends who are less than honest so there is no need to really invest time reading forum to get information. You would be surprise how much people around you know about your habits and coming and goings. Villages are gossipy anywhere in the world and some valuable information can be had from innocent and honnest people without even asking.

• 2 years later...

I do not recommend using Carlos. He used to work for SOSE and then went out on his own. He did a good job for me and followed up on some problems. But when I recommended him to other people he took their deposit and did not ever install the system. I would not have him back to my house.

Archived