Chapala.com Webboard

Rib-eyes at Walmart and Scallps at the other place

HelperGuy

It is wise to tenderize newly purchased fresh beef by allowing it to sit in the refrigerator at 40F for several days before cooking. It can be marinating t the same time, if you wish. It helps a lot.

Just buying a steak and throwing it on the grill when you get home can guarantee a poor result.

It is wise to tenderize newly purchased fresh beef by allowing it to sit in the refrigerator at 40F for several days before cooking. It can be marinating t the same time, if you wish. It helps a lot.

Just buying a steak and throwing it on the grill when you get home can guarantee a poor result.

There is a time limit to keeping beef in a fridge (recommended 3 - 5 days at 40 deg F). Further, you should NEVER have to marinate a steak to make it tender unless you buy a cheap cut of steak, which I would never eat. I only eat NY Sirloin or Filet.

So how do you get this fish monger to come to your house?

There is at least on guy who does this, and I can ask my friend who uses him if you want to go that route, but we were unhappy with the one they recommended when we opened a very smelly package of "sea bass".

Personally, I like that fish place west of Ajijic. Smells better and tastes fresh.

Guest RevImmigrant

I like ribeyes better than NY strip or sirloin. The fett arm and the fat around the edge make it cook better and taste better. I like filet better for sauteing in the pan rather than on the grill.

Archived