Chapala.com Webboard

Is Olé Mexico school still in business?

ttervooren

Apparently they are no longer at Revolucíon #6 as I just talked to a worker there and he had no knowledge of a school there. I waited around for a couple of hours, but no luck. No one answers the phone at 766-2068. And the website www.institutoolemexico.com has been suspended.

I was hoping to sign up for classes. Anyone know if they are still in business and if so, how to contact them?

Yes, they are still in business. They took down their sign because of an extortion phone call they received. That is not heresay...I was in class at the time. So, since most of their customers are referrals, the sign came down. They took Monday off to make a long weekend but will be there tomorrow. I am doing this from memory but I believe their phone # is 766-2068.

I had class last Thursday. If they took today off they were probably not available to answer the phone. exyyz, I'm not going to be in class this week, so if you think of it, you might mention to Gabriel and Alex about the website since I think they also use that url for e-mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any update on the school's status? My husband and I went by the address last week - there was no sign and no answer when we rang the bell (although there appeared to be a car parked inside). I haven't tried the phone yet, but the website still appears to be down.

Heather

Is there any update on the school's status? My husband and I went by the address last week - there was no sign and no answer when we rang the bell (although there appeared to be a car parked inside). I haven't tried the phone yet, but the website still appears to be down.

Heather

They are still there. As of Thursday when I take my class they had put the sign back up. Depending on what time you went they may have been closed for lunch and they are closed on the weekend. The phone does work but doesn't take messages. I did mention the website being down and that seemed to come as a surprise. I don't believe they look after it themselves and were going to check into it.

Usually the door, not the carport door, is open so you can just go in (go to the right). The best times to call are in between classes so Alex has some time to talk to you. Classes run from 9 to 6 so best times to call are right after 8:45, 10:45, 12:45 (I think their lunch is usually at 3 to 4). BTW this applies if you are coming in person as well. It might sound a bit inconvenient to get in touch with them but honestly, they are worth it. These two brothers from Guadalajara have done their research into how to teach adults and make it fun.

Archived