Chapala.com Webboard

El Quinto Sabor restaurant in Jocotepec?

HelperGuy

It is in El Centro at the northeast corner of Hidalgo and Juarez. So one block north of the CFE office and a block south of the square that the big church is in.

I was there today with 25 women. They put us at one long table- I was on the side that had a view of the 2 story water wall.

The floors are white marble. We all had great food, great service and highly recommend!

They have an upstairs private room that will hold a lot of people.

They are also open for breakfast which I want to try next.

maw

• 2 weeks later...

A blog review with fotos

http://bigskysouther...l-quinto-sabor/

Here is the official, bilingual, restaurant page for "The Fifth Taste"

http://www.elquintosabor.com.mx/

Steve

Well, I see Barbara is still at her Blog from Joco. She's sure got that restaurant pegged. I've been there several times and have taken a couple of groups there as well. Victor is a super waiter/pizza delivery guy. Francisco is a chef who knows how to do it.

Directions from the 'EAST' toward Jocotepec.

If you got to the first light in Joco before the Bodega turn left. At the 3rd block turn right on to Vicente Guerrero. Go on 5 blocks to the REAL traffic light at the intersection with Hidalgo and Vicente Guerrero....at the CFE, turn right. Go one block and turn right onto Juarez. El Quinto Sabor is there on your left.

Phone 01 387 763 1861.

Here are some of the things on the REAL menu:

The breakfast menu (from 8AM to 1PM) includes eggs and omelets of all sorts, as well as chilaquiles and oatmeal and fruit in yogurt with granola. There are brunch items such as a club sandwich, chicken enchiladas with peanut sauce, and a stacked enchilada dish containing chicken, beans, and poblano chiles, topped with melted Oaxaca cheese. Prices are from 45 pesos on down and there are lots of drinks available, including malts, frapuccinos, and capuccinos.

Lunch and dinner entrees include pasta dishes and pizzas, steaks, and seafood dishes. Prices range from 60 pesos for fettuccini to 120 pesos for steaks. There are also some appetizers and desserts available, as well as a full bar.

Don't forget, the restaurant is closed on Tuesdays, but open from 8AM until 10PM on the other six days. And if you live in the Joco area, they do deliver.

I wouldn't worry about seeing their menu on the internet. If you really want to see it go to the restaurant. You probably won't be disappointed. I've been twice and it compares very favourably to places like La Vita Bella,

Chac Lan, Hacienda Don Pedro, and Ajijic Tango.

Archived