Chapala.com Webboard

web page designer

Guest bigd

I think this site needs to update the quality of their front page. I use/hire a web designer from India who produces top of the line websites for about $100.

Would you mind sharing there contact information

You can contract out web design, hosting, etc., but make sure that YOU fully control your own domain name registration. Take the recent experiences of Guadalajara Reporter and Lake Chapala Society as good examples of why you shouldn't leave this control to others. You probably wouldn't turn over the control of your bank account to someone else. You shouldn't do that with your domain name either.

I think this site needs to update the quality of their front page. I use/hire a web designer from India who produces top of the line websites for about $100.

I don't know who this is, but I could never call on them after seeing their own website. This is their first chance to impress.

You can contract out web design, hosting, etc., but make sure that YOU fully control your own domain name registration. Take the recent experiences of Guadalajara Reporter and Lake Chapala Society as good examples of why you shouldn't leave this control to others. You probably wouldn't turn over the control of your bank account to someone else. You shouldn't do that with your domain name either.

HA! I saw that article! it was GOOD!

Some time ago I read about someone who was advertising web page design. Any contact information would be appreciated.

If you're going to develop a website make sure your designer understand everything in this article. Just happened across it and thought it very informative.

http://www.webseoanalytics.com/blog/seo-checklist-60-essential-checks-before-launching-a-website/

Malaya... good article!

there's a couple things I would like to add to that...

Search engines' bots nowadays will opt to ignore code withing <table> tags... so no matter how much "SEO'ing" one does, if the whole site is made out of tables... it will score very low. Also... the use of tables to make a website is very old school, unless you are using them for tabular database output... or if one was structuring a price list, etc. But you shouldn't keep text that you want parsed within those tags.

<div> should be used.

Another, use external CSS pages ... keep your code clean. bots also stop reading after yay-amount of lines.

Also note... the whole "submitting to search engines" has left about a decade ago. If you are wishing to 'kickstart' your site to be parsed (by google, lets say), submit an .xml sitemap... and it's put on their bot's "find list"... once you are in their system, they will visit you again and again (for updates). if you make changes and you feel that they are not being reflected fast enough, submit a fresh sitemap again.

And that's why I hire SEO experts once a site is done. With Google moving to local search results and no longer ranking the world anymore I simply gave up on all the gobbledegook. :)

I agree with others, your first page of your website is your first impression. After seeing some of the sites locally and knowing how easy and inexpensive it is to hire someone really good, I just shake my head.

PS...I am not a web designer and not looking for work.

I occassionally help people out who need a site but convince them to turn it over to a professional overseas in India or Bangledesh.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

You can contact this web design guadalajara es agencia de web design y apps www.webdesignguadalajara.com

Have a wonderfull day from mexico !!

Archived