Chapala.com Webboard

Epsom Salt Dr. Scholl's Foot bath

Does anyone know where to find these to items or equvilant for sore aching feet? Epsom salt is great aa a soak for all aching muscles. I asked my Doctor about getting some Epsom saltand he said that it was old fashioned, if it works how can it be old fashioned...lol Dr. Scholl' s stuff is hard to find here so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Ginger

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. This chemical is sold under several names, including 'sulfato de magnesia', 'sal de epsom', 'sal inglesa' and 'sal de higuera', and probably others.

In Mexico, pharmaceutical grade Epsom salt (sulfato de magnesia) for internal use that you might find at a farmácia is quite expensive.

For a foot soak, I would search around at hardware stores to see if you could find a commercial grade in bulk that would be cheaper.

Suerte,

-- Don

Bicarbonate of soda - you know - Arm & Hammer. I buy it by the flat @ Costco here in Canada - cheap. Pour a box into a nice hotitsh bath three times a week. It will help your feet, help detoxify your body, and leave you feeling silky smooth. This really works. Trust me. Just do it. Besides, you'll be squeaky clean.

I would also suggest that you loose your doctor. He/She doesn't have a clue. If you were to have a "jammer"/heart attack, the paramedics will inject you with magnesium, usually straight into the heart muscle, why, cause magnesium carries O2. Better health = more magnesium = more 02 uptake. Duh. My pharmacist concocts magnesium oil for me. i drip about 8 drops/day onto the inside of my forearms and rub it in. it's pricey, but my $ 90 investment should last a year. Do the math. Cheap, in my books.

• 3 years later...

Bicarbonate of soda - you know - Arm & Hammer. I buy it by the flat @ Costco here in Canada - cheap. Pour a box into a nice hotitsh bath three times a week. It will help your feet, help detoxify your body, and leave you feeling silky smooth. This really works. Trust me. Just do it. Besides, you'll be squeaky clean.

I don't think bicarbonate of soda is the same as Epsom salt.

Archived