Chapala.com Webboard

Tomza and Los Altos for gas delivery

HelperGuy

Someone on this board recommended Los Altos when I got shorted a few weeks back... today I called them and got no answer. So I tried Tomza, and whaddayaknow if the Los Altos truck didn't turn up instead. I checked after and found both have the same cell phone number. They arrived in a bit over 30 minutes (this is around 4PM).

Long story short: last time Gas Zaragoza gave me 13% in my tank for $500p; today Los Altos gave me 25%, which is about 3 to 5% more than I've gotten from anybody in over a year. I did tell them I wanted to watch their gauges, due to my recent troubles.

I had a worker check my gas tank to see the level & had Tomza come the next day & they said my tank was much less than what it actually had. So far, I've had honesty from Los Altos but it can depend on the guys in the truck. Is there a way to get the gauge moved to eye level? I'm not up to climbing onto my roof.

I guess I have always wondered why anyone would ever allow a tank to be placed on the roof unless there was a simple way to reach same. Living on the edge of Ajijic where the land is cheaper and therefore the amount of land per house is more, the houses I've lived in have had tanks at ground level and therefore the meters easily readable, something that is sometimes necessary to keep from being overcharged. One time my 300 liter tank was 15% full and I wanted it filled to about 85%, which would have been about 210 liters (70% times 300 liters). My bill was for almost 350 liters which was even more than the capacity of the tank, were it totally empty.

What the gas man didn’t know was that in the background was my Architect and his construction boss, both of whom witnessed everything and knew how large the tank was. To make a long story short, I was more than compensated. Remember, we are targets for those who are dishonest. Be careful and check things out. Read your meter, or if you can’t get your gardener Etc. to do so.

I like the local gas company across from El Torito in Ajijic, called Zeta gas. But that's just because I know the driver and his helper. And they treat me fairly

One of the "good" Zeta guys is now working for Los Altoss ...Javier cel 3315178008

I still like to use Zeta for the points and gifts you receive...but any port in a storm and you are sucking air!!!

How do find out about the points and gifts? First I've heard of it. I've been using Zeta for a couple years, although I'm not a big gas bag consumer.

I recommend Juan at Los Altos - always comes when he says. Cell phone 333 971 0630. He is the only reliable gas provider I've found here.

I second that vote for Juan - used him for the past 4 years, very honest, comes promptly within the hour and trustworthy.

And... his truck has never broken down and needed to borrow tools !!!!! while delivering my gas - in and out FAST !!

BARLIN

How do find out about the points and gifts? First I've heard of it. I've been using Zeta for a couple years, although I'm not a big gas bag consumer.

I hope that you have saved your receipts..each unit of gas is worth X points..take your receipts to office and check your total and gifts available

Across from Salvador's Restaurant is a little Zeta Gas office. Go in and see the samples of what is available. Give the lady your name and address or bring in your last receipt and she will tell you how many points you have. The stuff available is pretty low quality for the most part but if you don't want it you can always get things as gifts for your maid or gardener.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived