Chapala.com Webboard

70% Dark Chocolat Candy Available at Lakeside

sm1mex

I know of several people looking for good dark chocolate at lakeside. Some of the grocery stores have dark chocolate bars but not the good 70% kind.

I was in the Granero today just west of Gossips lake side and she has great 70% dark chocolate without sugar. She gave ma s sample and it was delicious, not bitter like bakers chocolate.

I got a nice size bag of chocolate chunks for 56.5 pesos. she has other chocolates also.

I am sorry, but as a "jealous" chocolatier, I have to tell you that it is actually the bitter taste that shows that it is really 70 %,... and that is exactly the taste that dark chocolate lovers are looking for.

Good chocolate is like good wine. There is chocolate and then there is chocolate. Nothing beats the Belgian Callebaut dark chocolate (really 70.4 % of cacao) (just look it up on the internet and see what people say about it) that I have, and at a price here of 260 pesos for a whole kilo, there is no competition for that quality here at Lakeside..... that is only 26 pesos for a 3.5 oz. bar ( Swiss Lindt is excellent also but you pay MORE than double). See if that price can be beaten (for that quality !).

Dark chocolate is so very good for you : skin, antioxydents, blood pressure,.... but ALL in moderation, and not more than 1 ounce a day.

Plse, forgive my chauvinism (I am usually not too much bragging about my roots) and I haven´t tried the Granero, but I am not too worried (just a little bit). And, don´t call chocolate : candy, .... you are hurting my feelings.

:-)

Rony

I am sorry, but as a "jealous" chocolatier, I have to tell you that it is actually the bitter taste that shows that it is really 70 %,... and that is exactly the taste that dark chocolate lovers are looking for.

Good chocolate is like good wine. There is chocolate and then there is chocolate. Nothing beats the Belgian Callebaut dark chocolate (really 70.4 % of cacao) (just look it up on the internet and see what people say about it) that I have, and at a price here of 260 pesos for a whole kilo, there is no competition for that quality here at Lakeside..... that is only 26 pesos for a 3.5 oz. bar ( Swiss Lindt is excellent also but you pay MORE than double). See if that price can be beaten (for that quality !).

Dark chocolate is so very good for you : skin, antioxydents, blood pressure,.... but ALL in moderation, and not more than 1 ounce a day.

Plse, forgive my chauvinism (I am usually not too much bragging about my roots) and I haven´t tried the Granero, but I am not too worried (just a little bit). And, don´t call chocolate : candy, .... you are hurting my feelings.

:-)

Rony

Where are you located please?

Where are you located please?

Right across (opposite corner) the Chapala American Legion (Guerrero 122), I have some (sugar free and other,...) at home. Just mail me before you come ( elbelgicano@yahoo.com ).

white chocolate is not chocolate

Calibaut is one of the premier chocolates. I used to bring it back from the states to bake/cook with. Glad to know it is here locally.

Thanks to Rony, I can enjoy fabulous sugar free dark chocolates! It helps keep me on track with my Weight Watcher's program. His chocolates are DIVINE!

Valerie :)

Archived