Chapala.com Webboard

Tabarka - YUM.

HelperGuy

Went and had the Tabarka special last Saturday while the Ley Negro was in effect. They had dropped their $200 peso price for their Tapas Special to $160, and included all the lemon/mint water we could want. That drink was pretty nice.

We had, I guess, everything on their menu. The tapas came fast and furious until later in the afternoon, when the place started to fill up. Almost everything was delicious. Their chef really knows how to do fish, with sauces and reductions that only come with real talent. Side dishes, salads, everything else was great, too. I'd go back in a second. The price is unbeatable. I must say, the Sea Bass was the best I've had (who knows if it was really sea bass, or what variety, but who cares).

It was definitely sea bass! David at tabarka is the only one in town who serves fresh high quality wild caught fish in town. The tapas special is a real treat. It is important to note that if you go with company everyone in the table order the special as well. The tapas special is about eating small portions of alot of different dishes. Two thumbs up to tabarka.

Archived