Chapala.com Webboard

&^%$#@ tree enchrochment

viejomalogato

I have stone walls all around my property on which plants are always trying to grow-especially at this time of year. I spray and kill them with Roundup.

Is roundup still used in Mexico? Wow! illegal up here in Canada now, we almost lost all our eagles due to DDT and roundup is so dangerous for any kind of wildlife and us as well. Is there any safe alternative?

So, where does one get "Round-up" or the Mexican equivelent ?

Thank you

R.

In San Antonio on the west side of the libramiento north of Walmart at the pest chemical place.

Glifosato is the product name in Mexico and can be purchased at the Agro-Chemico store across from the Pemex on the libramiento, or the store on Madero in Chapala in the block before the arroyo bridge kind of across from the 7-11. Probably other places too but I know its available at those two.

I just thought of something else. It also comes in granules in a smaller quantity, by that I mean it make a smaller quantity of spray after mixed with water than if you purchase the liquid in a one liter bottle, which will cost about 100 pesos for the liter, but that makes 100 liters of spray. I think the packets each make 20 liters of spray solution and will probably be 30 to 40 pesos each.

we use FAENA, we get it in the tires store in Chapala, in front of the 7eleven store. Don´t ask me why a tires store sells also agrochemicals ....it only happens in México.... :o

FYI - The Agrochemicals store in Chapala sells tires because they are related to (father? uncle?) Oscar who runs the tires etc shop on the libramiento. I ran into Oscar at the agrochemicals store a week or two ago and he explained the connection to me. There is such a profound amount of social/familial networking in Mexico! Makes Facebook look limited.

BTW - Oscar charged 1500 pesos for a synthetic oil change on my sedan, raising the suspension to make it easier to get over topes, and removing the trailer hitch. Seems to do good work, although when we got new tires for our SUV, had to take it back 3 times to get the tires properly balanced. Straying kind of far from the thread here, sorry.

Archived