Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico's Corrupt Election

Ajijic

Amen !!!

Just like crime, some try to compare it to the US to justify when it is dramatically different. Same with political corruption which is so blatant here. I wonder if most expats are aware how many are protesting in the streets of Mexico City every day? From where do you get your Mexican news other than a 20 second sound bite from NOB?

http://cpi.transpare...pi2011/results/

I will have to admit the US is 24th now when it comes to corruption; Mexico is 100th on the list. FYI, Canada is 10th.

As the song go

es ... to the Mexicans I say ... Rise up! Rise up!

I think if they don't read it in the Guad Reporter it doesn't exist

Considered the largest protest ever in the world. Some expats may say time to move on but tens of thousands of Mexicans say we've had enough. This is democracy.

"Tens of thousands of protestors took to the streets in cities throughout Mexico the day after presidential elections declared Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) candidate, Enrique Peña Nieto, the winner, and yet the news media has been largely quiet. Protesters accuse him of buying votes and paying off television networks for support."

Wayseer News - July 13, 2012

Take a look at the pictures - that's a hell of a lot of unhappy protesters! Funny we didn't hear anything about this in the mainstream media.

There were protests in at least 20 cities in Mexico and in Phoenix, Az. In all, well over a million and a prediction is a protest similar to the spring protests in the Middle East.

Archived