Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Meat Center, best meat and selection around

Chamanelo

Guest RevImmigrant

Monika, I didn't make it in a tagine, but in another pot. The dish is called a tagine. I do have couousiere that I bought in a Moroccan store in Berlin and brought with me, but it's only for serving and not for cooking anything in it.]

I don't think you can get anything like that here. El Triunfo and Toyo have some Japanese and Asian items (woks, a tamagoyaki pan, a takoyaki pan, bamboo steamers, a shabu shabu pot, etc), but nothing Middle Eastern. I brought a lot of items with me: a big Chinese steamer, Chinese and Japanese dishes, a Mongolian hot pot, etc. Berlin has great shopping with many Asian stores, Middle Eastern and others.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some salmon and it was tasty but VERY expensive. The meat they had in the case had way too much fat and was also pricy. This is the shop behind the Pemex right?

they have the farm raise from chile is the chip one but they have the wild fresh salmon from canada more expensive shure but the came by plane and is the only store who have it is delicius.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there are 2 fish stores in ajijic. 1 near superlake, & one near colon on the same side of the street. there is another one directly across near colon as well. which of these 3 has the best fish, especially salmon? i have a feeling that the one on the mountain side may not be as good as the others. am i correct? there is also an option of buying frozen salmon from superlake, which is from guad. (that is always good, & it has the date of freezing on the package).

i cannot get to w. ajijic. of the 3 stores (careterra colon/juarez opposite sides) & 2 doors down from superlake, which one do you like the best? so far i have had luck w/a 4th option, which is superlakes frozen salmon. his brother owns a fish resturant, & as i said its from guad.

Went in now twice. Bottom line is that this is frozen, Cryovac packaged foods. For those familiar with Trader Joe's in the States, the frozen meats/fish section comes to mind. The prices at this store are really a good value, in line with frozen supply, and you simply decide if you're out for fresh now at some of the best carniceria's, Tony's, or other if and as you prefer, or if you want stock for the freezer to pull out, thaw and use when ready as overall food supply in the casa. .

• 1 month later...

And, if you are looking for a quality prepared meal for 2, Barbara Passarello now sells her meals, preserves and homemade granola here. The meals are fresh-frozen and ready for your freezer or to enjoy. Get on her mailing list at barbaramilagros@yahoo.com to see weekly specials or to special order and pick up at the meat market.

Archived