Chapala.com Webboard

Good news!

RVGRINGO

This is slightly off topic, but what about the 100,000 of "visa legal" mexicans that come to the US just to have a baby. Then rely on the US government then to support that baby from birth to death. Medicade, food stamps, health insurance all free of charge thanks to being born in the US. Something wrong with this picture??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Willie, did they really try? Not so as I can see.

And in 2010?

And in 2011?

Will the young people be better off if the courts decide this is a ursurpation of legislative power? Has his party now introduced legislation to ratify it?

Please don't kid us about the timing here. It is all about the election. When there was no political capital to be earned, there was no real effort on it.

BTW, I see that Mr. Calderon has already expressed his appreciation for it at Cabo. Won't save his party either. The drug war was his Iraq.

This is slightly off topic, but what about the 100,000 of "visa legal" mexicans that come to the US just to have a baby. Then rely on the US government then to support that baby from birth to death. Medicade, food stamps, health insurance all free of charge thanks to being born in the US. Something wrong with this picture??

LOL

Please cite your source for this information and do not quote World News Daily or some other hate media as a source.

I guess Bill Richardson's Mexican mother was a visa legal entry and she went to the U.S. specifically to give birth in the U.S. Richardson's father was a U.S. citizen who lived in Mexico.

LOL

Right LOL stopping it!!! just like the original post it would be like trying to stop the flow of the ocean with a rubber patch, It is truley a shame what has happened and continues to happen in the USA respect to illegal immigration. By illegal I mean against the Law..makes no diffference if you are hungrey, broke or just lazy. If you brak the law there are consequences Goes back a long way all the way to Code of Hama somebody??Can not figure out why some people try an twist it around another direction?

Please explain how the Democrats could have over-ridden a filibuster. McConnell, the Minority Leader said his only goal in the next four years was to defeat Obama. I'm sure what he meant by that is to denigrate and obstruct any legislation proposed by the president. I'm not saying that Obama didn't do this for political reasons, but if I remember correctly, in 2009 we had an economy on the brink of a meltdown and after that came the healthcare fiasco, then the debt ceiling crisis, etc.

http://www.dailykos....-Term-President

September 2010: Senate Republicans Filibuster (block) DREAM Act

December 2010: Senate Republicans Filibuster (block) DREAM Act

December 2010: Mitch McConnell & Republicans Filibuster More Bills than any Congress in US History in attempt to reach GOP's "most important achievement"

January 2011: GOP Took Control of House

May 2011: Harry Reid re-introduces DREAM Act in the Senate but Republican's vowed to withhold their votes.

Putting this in factual historical terms: Democrats have introduced the DREAM Act three times since President Obama took office and the GOP have obstructed and filibustered the DREAM Act three times since President Obama took office.

As we all know, the Democrats did not have "Control" of Congress for 2 years because Mitch McConnell Filibustered more Bills than any other Congress in the History of this country and Mitch had the help of one fake Democrat, Ben Nelson, and one Independent Joe Lieberman (who has really been a GOPer for 6 years now.)

The fact is GOP Blocked the DREAM Act in September 2010 and in December 2010 therefore, clearly the Democrats did do something on Immigration in the 2 years Democrats had alleged "control" of Congress.

Seems Mitch McConnell was hoping "the People" would equate his Record Number of Filibuster to mean Democrats had Congress for 2 years and did nothing on (fill in the blank). McConnell must really think "the People" are dumbasses.

I hate to admit it but this was one time McTurtle was right, that "the people are dumbasses."

Please cite your source for this information and do not quote World News Daily or some other hate media as a source.

I guess Bill Richardson's Mexican mother was a visa legal entry and she went to the U.S. specifically to give birth in the U.S. Richardson's father was a U.S. citizen who lived in Mexico.

I could quote any major hospital in the United States that gives free medical to illegals and children born there of illegals.

Right LOL stopping it!!! just like the original post it would be like trying to stop the flow of the ocean with a rubber patch, It is truley a shame what has happened and continues to happen in the USA respect to illegal immigration. By illegal I mean against the Law..makes no diffference if you are hungrey, broke or just lazy. If you brak the law there are consequences Goes back a long way all the way to Code of Hama somebody??Can not figure out why some people try an twist it around another direction?

You state: "This is slightly off topic, but what about the 100,000 of "visa legal" mexicans that come to the US just to have a baby. Then rely on the US government then to support that baby from birth to death. Medicade, food stamps, health insurance all free of charge thanks to being born in the US. Something wrong with this picture??"

I guess some people will post anything they feel is "true". LOL

Griffin, I was referring to leadership from the top. Where's the beef? Too busy playing golf? 100 rounds at last count. :)

Was there any effort made to craft a consensus Dream act or just trotting out the same one-sided version to make it look like the other side is obstructionist?

When will some of you grasp that there is plenty of blame to go around on all sides with this mess in D.C?

There are no good guys here.

Fast forward to this possible scenario:

SJC upholds Obamacare Romney is elected POTUS Romney tells DOJ not to spend any money or time enforcing provisions of Obamacare, especially the requirement to purchase insurance

What will be the reaction of many who post on this board? Hmmmmmm?

That is not within the discretion of POTUS as Romney thinks it is. POTUS cannot tell people, us, that we do not need to comply with an Act of Congress such the Civil Rights, Minimum Wage, etc. What POTUS did in this case is legal. He directed an agency that is under his authority in the Executive Branch to deport criminals who are in the country illegally and not deport at this time illegals who are of a certain age, not criminals, etc. He has that discretion and that has been verified by the Supreme Court of the United States, (SCOTUS) several times. I cannot fathom why this is such a difficult issue to understand.

POTUS also cannot tell people not to pay taxes or not to vote.

POTUS is following the law in deportations. DOJ has the authority to prioritize the types of people who are deported. That is nothing similar to Healthcare mandates.

Archived