Chapala.com Webboard

Good news!

RVGRINGO

This just in from BBC:

"US to stop deporting young migrants"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-18460894

That will help with the problem of returnees who can't find work in Mexico, lack Spanish language skills, and sometimes suffer discrimination.

We'll still get the uneducated and criminal deportees; unfortunately.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really great news???Especially for the American Tax Payer. 800,000 more people going from illegal to legal, more food stamps, more free medical, more unemployment benefits to pay, more medicade benefits for families, and I almost forgot ..more votes for Obama.

Makes you want to give amnastey to the 10 million other illegals

Look for a complete reversal of this policy if Romney is elected. Also, Sheriff Joe has stated his department will continue to arrest any illegals they encounter. The debate continues here in the US with each side having about half the population agreeing with them. Neither side is interested in a compromise which means perhaps we shall have to wait until one side or the other is able to win complete control of the legislative and executive branches before the matter is decided.

Really great news???Especially for the American Tax Payer. 800,000 more people going from illegal to legal, more food stamps, more free medical, more unemployment benefits to pay, more medicade benefits for families, and I almost forgot ..more votes for Obama.

Makes you want to give amnastey to the 10 million other illegals

Let's see now, the U.S. Government spends trillions of dollars killing people, but god forbid that it should spend a fraction of that amount helping people. :018:

Let us know when Mexico adopts a similar policy towards its neighbors to the south.

Also interesting is that some of you seem to think it is OK for this administration to bypass the Constitutional process and legislate on its own. Did you feel that way about the last one?

I didn't. You either believe in the concept of rule by law, in this case the Constitutional reservation of law making to the Congress, or you believe in the rule of men when it is convenient to implement something you like. Democracy isn't tidy but the alternative, dictatorship, is what you are headed for when you allow the end to justify the unconstitutional means.

I believe if you do some checking you will find the polling on this topic totally consistent--the American public opposes amnesty by a large majority. So, if you believe the elected should represented the will of the electorate, opposing this amnesty is what they should be doing. Certainly, it is refreshing when this or any Congress listens to the people, as it is not very usual.

What are the implications of this amnesty? How about the proposal in this administration to implement "catch and release" at the border as well? Where does this end? Is it really good for Mexico for the U.S. to continue to provide an out for them so they don't have to address their own policies that hold down employment and wages?

Here is the reference on the catch and release policy under consideration. Note that it has not yet been implemented.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/14/catch-and-release-for-low-priority-illegals-propos/

What are the implications of adding many more legal workers to a work force that already has real rates of unemployment/underemplyment (according to Gallup) approaching 20 percent?

What happened as a result of the amnesty under Reagan? (Hint: A bunch more illegal immigration.)

IMO, aside from some of the human rights abuses from some employees of the Mexican government towards their own illegal immigrants from the south, Mexico has a far more rational approach to immigration. They clearly put their own country first. That is what your government is supposed to do.

It's a lot easier to get caught up in the "feel good" over this unilateral action than it is to really think about what the implications are, both from the standpoint of rule by law, and from the standpoint of adding to the illegal immigrant and unemployment problems in the U.S.

All I can say is great comments maincoon. Found new admiration for you post. Too many people forget the spirit of just what a democracy is about and it is the people who make the laws. Period

Americans can come here for 6 months any time they want and simply leave and return in minutes, all legal. Meanwhile, Mexicans are often fodder for American businesses and home owners to do the menial, unskilled jobs while risking their lives to get their. mmm sounds fair to me .. NOT.

Read up on myths about the Dream Act. Not deporting people who came to the U.S. as children is a popular idea. Unlike what what hate groups have sold to the gullible, the Dream Act does not add people to welfare rolls.

http://www.immigrati...dream-act-myths

http://politicaltick...port-dream-act/

A majority of Americans support a measure that would give legal status to illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children if they join the military or go to college, according to a new national survey.

But a

Gallup poll released Friday also indicates wide partisan and generational divides over the issue.

Fifty-four percent of people questioned in the survey say they would vote for the DREAM Act, which would provide a path to citizenship for thousands of young adults currently living in the country illegally, with 42 percent saying they would vote against the bill and four percent unsure.

Mexico allows illegal aliens to join Seguro Popular and to go to school without fear of deportation.

Americans can come here for 6 months any time they want and simply leave and return in minutes, all legal. Meanwhile, Mexicans are often fodder for American businesses and home owners to do the menial, unskilled jobs while risking their lives to get their. mmm sounds fair to me .. NOT.

Try to come to Mexico without some immigration documents without a temporary import sticker on for you car in other word illegally. Then upset a local and see how long you stay and whos fodder you become A great many of those young illegal adults are members of gangs or they are serving time in some US jail costing US tax payer . Over 68%of americans are against any form of amnasty, which the Dream Act is

Very good point.

Try to come to Mexico without some immigration documents without a temporary import sticker on for you car in other word illegally. Then upset a local and see how long you stay and whos fodder you become A great many of those young illegal adults are members of gangs or they are serving time in some US jail costing US tax payer . Over 68%of americans are against any form of amnasty, which the Dream Act is

As RVgringo said your going to get them back.

An American can jump on the bus and ride into Mexico any day they want and stay 6 months, leave and come back on next bus or walk in. Many expats come here and work illegally, collect rent and pay no taxes or are tenants and do not keep the tax portion for Hacienda all the while often being a part of "socialized" medicine. geesh

And, NOB fruits and vegetables are less as some poor Mexican worked for less than a fair wage or worked in a slaughter house while those NOB made a profit and others pay a little less for their food thanks to a Mexican taking it on the chin to feed his family in Mexico. You want your roof reshingled, a ditch dug, motel rooms cleaned, gardener, maid etc in the US... nearly all mexicans and many illegal.

most everything in the US is based on greed and Mexicans unfortunately enable this to happen through their need to survive.

Good post RV, thanks and welcome back!

Key word is "legal."

Bad policy makes for unfair. Mexico's policy is clear, unequivocal, and fair to Mexicans. Good enough for me.

Read up on myths about the Dream Act. Not deporting people who came to the U.S. as children is a popular idea. Unlike what what hate groups have sold to the gullible, the Dream Act does not add people to welfare rolls.

http://www.immigrati...dream-act-myths

http://politicaltick...port-dream-act/

Mexico allows illegal aliens to join Seguro Popular and to go to school without fear of deportation.

I don't know anything about SP but I do know you had better be legal and be able to prove it if you want to enroll your kids in school. You could ask our cook whose son had a misspelling on his birth certificate. Two trips to Guadalajara and $150 pesos to the clerk she dealt with and the problem was solved in a little more than a week. No CFE or Telmex if you can't show you are legal but of course everyone can find someone else to get them service. Can you imagine the uproar in the US if people had to prove they were here legally to get a phone, electric service and enroll their kids in public school? Draconian would be the charge, inhumane! Call in the UN!

If you were unemployed and hungry, would you rather have a bad job or no job? Personally, I vote for the job.

Americans tend to measure the world by American standards which is not really the way to look at all things.

I don't like Obama, but I think that this change, as I understand it, is fair and good for the US.

If you haven't noticed, the US is aging and the population growth is slowing. Without new people coming into the workforce, you will find that the Social Security fund will go broke faster.

Hard to believe anyone thinks this is fair:

http://news.newameri...634c39e814ca402

The father of U.S. Private Armando Soriano, 20, who died in Iraq is facing deportation. Many parents of U.S. soldiers who are fighting the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are facing the same fate. The story first appeared in the Houston Chonicle. Domenico Maceri, Ph.D, teaches foreign languages at Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria, Calif. His articles have appeared in many newspapers and some have won awards from the National Association of Hispanic Publications.

Three years after U.S. Army Private Armando Soriano, 20, died fighting in Haditha, Iraq, his father is facing deportation. Soriano is now buried in Houston, Tex., his hometown, where his parents, undocumented workers from Mexico, are currently living.

Before his death Soriano had promised his parents he’d help them get green cards. He only succeeded partially before losing his life. Although his mother was able to obtain a green card, his father did not qualify and is on the verge of being deported.

http://americasvoice...d_the_military/

Immigrants have a proud tradition of serving in the military. Right now there are thousands of men and women in uniform who weren’t born in the United States, yet they are willing to sacrifice everything for our country. The Department of Defense understands the importance of the foreign-born to our fighting forces – one of the reasons it supports the DREAM Act.

Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez, an Immigrant From Guatemala, Was Killed In a Tank Battle In Iraq in March 2003. According to CBS News, “The heroism and sacrifice of non-citizens was barely known — until Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez died in battle in Iraq. He came from Guatemala, and he came to the United States illegally. We can tell you how his story ended. He was killed in a tank battle in southern Iraq on March 21 [2003].

Obama did not sign an Executive Order giving citizenship. The Order gives a two year green card for work, school or to join the military. The recipients cannot vote or take advantage of any other services for citizens.

If you were unemployed and hungry, would you rather have a bad job or no job? Personally, I vote for the job.

Americans tend to measure the world by American standards which is not really the way to look at all things.

I don't like Obama, but I think that this change, as I understand it, is fair and good for the US.

If you haven't noticed, the US is aging and the population growth is slowing. Without new people coming into the workforce, you will find that the Social Security fund will go broke faster.

We are already getting billions that illegals pay in SS taxes that they can never collect.

http://www.usatoday....antstaxes_N.htm

Illegal immigrants are paying taxes to Uncle Sam, experts agree. Just how much they pay is hard to determine because the federal government doesn't fully tally it. But the latest figures available indicate it will amount to billions of dollars in federal income, Social Security and Medicare taxes this year. One rough estimate puts the amount of Social Security taxes alone at around $9 billion per year.

We are already getting billions that illegals pay in SS taxes that they can never collect.

http://www.usatoday....antstaxes_N.htm

I wouldn't expect many naysayers to believe anything that wasn't a Fox News Network "expert" contributor's opinion presented as fact with all their usual "facts" to back up their biased opinions [so called news report]. LOL

I see the drift above here and other threads about touchy USA subjects from many who believe things where real facts just get in their way. They will probably just carry on thinking the way they want to regardless of any truths presented.

I wouldn't expect many naysayers to believe anything that wasn't a Fox News Network "expert" contributor's opinion presented as fact with all their usual "facts" to back up their biased opinions [so called news report]. LOL

I see the drift above here and other threads about touchy USA subjects from many who believe things where real facts just get in their way. They will probably just carry on thinking the way they want to regardless of any truths presented.

So just don't watch Fox News or associate with anyone that does. End of problem for you, simple. You can get all of your facts from MSNBC and BBC. Associate only with like-minded folks and you will not have to put up with contrary opinions. Why are so called "liberals" so clueless when it comes to solving a simple problem such as how to avoid hearing an opinion that goes against what they believe?

I don't know anything about SP but I do know you had better be legal and be able to prove it if you want to enroll your kids in school. You could ask our cook whose son had a misspelling on his birth certificate. Two trips to Guadalajara and $150 pesos to the clerk she dealt with and the problem was solved in a little more than a week. No CFE or Telmex if you can't show you are legal but of course everyone can find someone else to get them service. Can you imagine the uproar in the US if people had to prove they were here legally to get a phone, electric service and enroll their kids in public school? Draconian would be the charge, inhumane! Call in the UN!

Um. I got a telmex and CFE account without showing anyone a visa. I know quite a number of people who are working without a visa in Mexico.

Yes, we know quite a few folks working without papers also. Mexico doesn't waste a lot of resources snooping around for those people. But ask anyone who has caused someone else to report them to migracion because of some dispute. For instance, the Canadian fellow who constantly harassed our tenant because of her (totally legal) dog. He reported that he did not enjoy his appointment at migracion, he did not appreciate the fine they imposed, he didn't like the time and expense it took to get legal at selling timeshares but he is now the most pleasant neighbor our tenant could ask for. That's how the system works.

Perhaps times have changed, but when we built a new house in Ajijic and wanted to connect our utilities we had to bring passports and FM-3's to do so.

BTW, let's be clear in the distinction between granting amnesty to refugees from countries with murderous regimes or other forms of brutal persecution, versus ECONOMIC refugees, people who illegally enter a country because they want to improve their standard of living. The U.S. is the most generous country in the world towards the former and that generosity has been fully ratified by legislative action. In this case, we are talking about economic refugees. It would be interesting to see how many of the latter Mexico has accepted, indeed it would be interesting to see if any country has granted amnesty to nearly a million economic refugees without benefit of ratification by their legislature.

Any example of Mexico granting amnesty in modern times to very large numbers of people for economic reasons?

So just don't watch Fox News or associate with anyone that does. End of problem for you, simple. You can get all of your facts from MSNBC and BBC. Associate only with like-minded folks and you will not have to put up with contrary opinions. Why are so called "liberals" so clueless when it comes to solving a simple problem such as how to avoid hearing an opinion that goes against what they believe?

Your advise to me is exactly what the term "being prejudiced" is. This may work for you but is against my integrity as a citizen of a free democracy.

Archived