Chapala.com Webboard

Tabarka

HelperGuy

Interestingly, I've never tried Tabarka (other than the big party the day it opened). Today I took a friend and had the three-fish grille. OMG. I didn't know swordfish could taste so good: juicy, flakey, deelish. And the Scorpion fish, which is something I've never had before, will get me to go back--- just for it. Tastes kinda lobstery/crabby, absolutely succulent. This grille comes with a choice of fish and/or steak. I opted for the steak as a third offering; while a bit chewy, it tasted fantastic.

You also get three sides and three sauces, and between the little roasted potatoes, the wonderful salad, the roasted red peppers, and the quite unique and flavourful sauces, we were left with gastronomically-complete stomachs and tastes that still linger. Service was speedy and very, very pleasant. Even got whipped garlic butter for our warm, sliced bollillos. I'll be going back. I asked if the Scorpion fish came from the fishery down the road, and he said No, Guadalajara via the Sea of Cortez.

It was $260 for the grille, so at $130 a person for that selection, I'm pretty satisfied.

I've never had a bad meal there...I always order the Grill and am so pleased with the quality, quantity and pricing. It's a treat to go!

Valerie :)

Archived