Chapala.com Webboard

Pets in Cabin on Airlines

tomgates

Tell ya what: I'll be civil. You stop being patronizing......fair enough?

:)

Tell ya what: I'll be civil. You stop being patronizing......fair enough?

Oh... I misread, I thought that you said that you 'll be civil and that you'll stop patronizing. Silly billly me.

Rereading the thread can also help to determine who has started this tone and the patronizing thing. I do regret having been brought down to the same level and my apologies to the person who started this thread.

When we talk about our beloved pets, it all becomes very sensitive, one thing leads to another and someone who is always on the attack doesn´t help the discussion.

Oh... I misread, I thought that you said that you 'll be civil and that you'll stop patronizing. Silly billly me.

Rereading the thread can also help to determine who has started this tone and the patronizing thing. I do regret having been brought down to the same level and my apologies to the person who started this thread.

When we talk about our beloved pets, it all becomes very sensitive, one thing leads to another and someone who is always on the attack doesn´t help the discussion.

Okay.......I've just wiped the latest rotten tomato off my clothes.

If you're not done by now, I'll put on a plastic bag.

Okay.......I've just wiped the latest rotten tomato off my clothes.

If you're not done by now, I'll put on a plastic bag.

No need for that, love. You seem like a feisty lady and I like that in a person.

I will let have you the last word (but be nice, I am very sensitive ;) ) and then back to the subject,.... if there is anything else to say about it.

No need for that, love. You seem like a feisty lady and I like that in a person.

I will let have you the last word (but be nice, I am very sensitive ;) ) and then back to the subject,.... if there is anything else to say about it.

Chocolate. :P

Gringal and Elbeg... take your frigin' dispute to another forum. I started this to inform people of a new policy on in-cabin pets on airlines. I don't give a you know what on what you think, feel, opine on pets on planes. Keep this thread on topic and you two go away!

Gringal and Elbeg... take your frigin' dispute to another forum. I started this to inform people of a new policy on in-cabin pets on airlines. I don't give a you know what on what you think, feel, opine on pets on planes. Keep this thread on topic and you two go away!

Please continue with your informative posting. Sorry for any disruption on my part.

I'd really appreciate some information on this topic as I've bought a home in Ajijic and need to get my pets back and forth. What will happen if I get them down there and then 3-4 months later can't get them back? Yikes. Of course I can call the various airlines and spend 4 hours on the phone but sure would like to hear how others cope with this situation. I am not anxious to drive there....

Pets as in plural? You are only allowed one pet per person. You don't say what size of pet or kind of pet?? Before this policy change, you could have a small dog or cat fly in cabin with you in a soft side carrier that would have fit under the seat in front of you. Alaska Air told us our chihuahua would have to fly in pet cargo on the GDL to LAX, then once thru customs, could fly in-cabin the rest of the trip. Check with your airline. You have to make sure when you make reservations that there is room for a pet, in-cabin or cargo, as there are limits on the number of pets per flight.

Sorry that I have been unable to address this issue (moving from Phoenix to Raleigh, NC has kept me busy).

ALL the airlines flying from Mexico to the US have banned pets in the cabin. Service animals are exempt. Pets are still allowed in cargo hold.

From what I can gather, the Mexican government has had this regulation in place since 2007, but the airlines only recently began following it. (which leads one to believe that they are more interested in the extra revenue charged for flying pets in cargo instead of cabin).

INGRESO DE MASCOTAS

Vuelos nacionales

Se permite el ingreso únicamente de los perros lazarillos,

los cuales deberán ser registrados ante la aerolínea que viaja.

PET ENTRY

National (domestic) flights

Only assistance dogs are allowed; they must be registered

with the airline traveled on.

Vuelos internacionales

Se permite el ingreso de los perros lazarillos o las mascotas,

los cuales deberán ser registrados ante la aerolínea que viaja.

Para las mascotas el pase de abordar del pasajero debe tener

la indicación de Cabina o Pet in Cabin”.

International flights

Assistance animals and pets are allowed' they must be registered

with the airline traveled on. For pets the boarding pass must be

marked "Cabin" or Pet in Cabin".

I called a couple of airlines personally and this was verbally confirmed.

Airlines flying from Canada to Mexico do not seem to be enforcing this rule - yet. But do check carefully with the airline, preferably getting any permission to bring the pet in the cabin in writing. And do keep in mind that even if you have it in writing, you run the risk of getting to the gate and having the airline say that they changed the rules an hour ago and you will have to put your pet in the cargo hold.

• 2 years later...

I have noticed that some cats have dander and some do not. I was wondering if anyone knows that when you are landing does a cat or dog get affected like a person does with their ears popping and hurting. I know if I don't have ear plugs in or something I am in pain as I am sure a small child is. I have never had a pet with me before so wondering how it affects a pet.

We have brought several animals in by air, in the cabin with us, and none of them have shown any sign of distress on take-off or landing. Also, the 2012 posts on the banning of animals in the cabin are no longer accurate. It is now entirely up to the airlines to set their own policies.

FYI people who are allergic to cats are not allergic to their fur or dander, but rather to their saliva, which is ever present on their fur. Good that this info was posted so no one is caught unaware, but come on, small dog lovers, bigger dogs have had to be kenneled in cargo forever. Yes, I'm sure a few dogs have expired on the flight or on the tarmac, but then so have people.

Archived