Chapala.com Webboard

Dermatologist in Chapala/Ajijic?

The # for Dermika is 766 2500. My husband, my girlfriend and I have been very happy with their service. It is not only cosmetic. I had skin cancer several years back so I go every 6 months for a screening. I never have to wait very long for an appointment. We use Dr. Luis E. Sánchez Dueñas. He is very pleasant, thorough and I never feel rushed.

I used Dr Andrea, at Dermika and as a breast cancer survivor was very happy with her services. She was well informed of medication reactions etc. Thorough skin cancer check. Cost is 350 for consultation and check ..no rush. Got appt. in a few days.

They do have cosmetic services as well but have not used those. I was happy.

• 2 months later...

I was given the name of Dra. Ana Rosa Ambriz but I didn't notice anyone mention her name.

Anyone ever have treatments from her?

My Canadian friend will be here the 3rd week of Sept. for 10 days and wants Juvederm injections but wants an excellent doctor of course.

For my time and $ I chose Dra. Martha Ballesteros at Integrity Clinic. I first met her when she was doing n/c cancer screening at LCS about 3 years ago. She has performed several procedures on me. I like her and I trust her. I would not go to anyone else.

Integrity 766-5154

I also use Dr. Ballesteros at Integrity clinic. I think she is good, speaks English, and her prices are more reasonable than Dermika, at least in my experience. She also volunteers to do cancer screening at LCS on Wednesdays, which I think is commendable. She is only at Intergrity on Thursdays so you need to schedule an appointment. Phone number for Intergrity, located behind the Pemex and OXXO on the Libramiento next to the car wash, is 766-5154 and 766-4435.

For my time and $ I chose Dra. Martha Ballesteros at Integrity Clinic. I first met her when she was doing n/c cancer screening at LCS about 3 years ago. She has performed several procedures on me. I like her and I trust her. I would not go to anyone else.

Integrity 766-5154

• 1 month later...

I'm still looking for referrals for Juvederm injections.

I just got a quote of 7,500 pesos for lines beside the mouth which I think is quite high and that would be going to Guad as my friend goes back to Canada Oct 5 and Dra. Ana Rosa Ambriz is only Lakeside again on Oct 9. She works through Dr. Lastra's office.

I second the recommendation of Dr. Ballesteros. She is at the Integrity Clinic behind the PEMEX on the Libramiento, next to Lake Car Wash. I find her fees very reasonable. She is only there on Thursdays.

Integrity 766-5154

Dr. Martha Ballesteros does them. I found her prices for things like filler and botox to be more reasonable than Dermika. As she is only at Lakeside on Thursdays, tomorrow would be your friend's only chance to see her. You can always call Integrity and see if she has an opening, though it is questionable at this late date.

I'm still looking for referrals for Juvederm injections.

I just got a quote of 7,500 pesos for lines beside the mouth which I think is quite high and that would be going to Guad as my friend goes back to Canada Oct 5 and Dra. Ana Rosa Ambriz is only Lakeside again on Oct 9. She works through Dr. Lastra's office.

I was in touch with Dra. Martha Ballesteros and if she only needed 1 syringe, she would charge 3,500 pesos so less than half in comparison to Dra. Ana Rosa Ambriz. There are openings tomorrow but my friend is still thinking about it.

Thanks for all the info. If she doesn't get it done this time, she plans to come back for another visit and perhaps get it done then.

• 1 year later...

Archived