Chapala.com Webboard

A Mexican "Spring" ???

econ man

Just saw a live report on CNN (USA) ten minutes ago about student protestors getting involved in the upcoming election. The CNN report labeled it as the possible beginning of a Mexican Spring. That report isn't online yet, but here are other stories on the same topic.

http://www.turnto23.com/technology/31110806/detail.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/24/2816035/mexican-tv-political-coverage.html

http://www.guadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/national-mainmenu-86/31129-students-rally-against-pena-nieto-televisa.html

Those news guys get a new word and they shake it to death, like a stuffed dog toy. The analogy of a Mexican "spring" is so wrong on so many levels. Is this where the news is headed: every time there is a protest outside of the U.S. it's going to be the beginning of a new world order?

The protests in Mexico city were in regards to the PRI federal candidate for president. If one researches him it is understandable why.

HelperGuy is right, the US news media trying to get their ratings up.

They all do it, at msnbc editing the zimmerman shooting tape. Guilty or not it should be reported honestly.

Cnn is at it's lowest in 20 years, fact. I said nothing about believing fox. I do not believe the media here OR there.

The majority of US corporate owned media is a joke. Has nothing to do with "News" and is all about sensationalism as a distraction of reality (infotainment). Just propaganda for the most part to "dumb down" and shape mass public opinion to promote and protect the oligarchical status quo and their economic agendas. They always look for the opportunity to bad mouth other countries and cultures in an effort to make themselves look better while so much of the corruption, special interests, foreign policy agendas, countless examples of violations and suppression of the democratic process and our slide toward becoming a police State go completely unreported in this country. This is nothing new. Followers of history will recall how the US demonized Mexico in an effort to justify ripping off half their country! The "ignorant, lazy Mexican" was the stereotype created (which has lasted to this day) that was not capable of administering their own country while we supported, funded and hid the atrocities committed by the Texas Rangers against the Mexican civilian population in Texas that we "needed" to ethnically cleanse! We've always been really good at "blowing our own horn" while making others look bad or "less than" and for very specific, calculated reasons. How dare Mexico forbid slavery in Texas! By God, we'll bring "freedom" to own slaves in Texas!

We have to go to foreign news media or small independent US sources to find out what's really going on and this truly is a very scary picture! We have and have had an illusion of democracy in the United States with a carefully choreographed 2 party system that is structured to never allow for a possible "wildcard" 3rd party. The Media and Supreme Court which are suppose to be the "watch dogs"of democracy have both dropped the ball and betrayed America irreparably. At least in Mexico things are more honest in the way that there is no pretense. What you see is what you get! Nothing sugar coated and Mexico does not screw with anyone outside her borders. Probably why Al Qaida has not blown up anything there and something we could learn from if we weren't so self-righteous and arrogant as a country!

We won't be around to see what the United States morphs into in another 100 years but if it still exist by then, and I expect it won't, it will be a completely different "animal" that I'm grateful I won't be around to witness. I'm willing to bet that "Ole Mexico" will have weathered it all and will still be here. One of many qualities She has over us is that She knows how to suffer and survive in the face of truly great hardship! And with dignity. I don't think we do anymore. We've been groomed for ultimate extinction.

Sorry to have gotten so depressing and off topic on you guys! Curious to see if this gets posted. Truth can so so unsettling to some but no offense intended.

Archived