Chapala.com Webboard

Dog Friendly Restaurant List

Ginger

It's at Colon #2, Ajijic. To me it's worth a try just because they provide water bowls, so nice of them! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g499405-d8670923-Reviews-Opa-Ajijic.html

Where on Colon is #2?

I've only seen one dog who was a smoker (at the cliffs of Moore sp?). I wouldn't let him into a restaurant either

This list may be very useful to those who don't want to dine with the dogs. It would be even more helpful if the restaurant specified whether dogs were allowed inside the restaurant as opposed to outside in the patio area. ^_^

This list may be very useful to those who don't want to dine with the dogs. It would be even more helpful if the restaurant specified whether dogs were allowed inside the restaurant as opposed to outside in the patio area. ^_^

Call the restaurant you're interested in & ask.

......couldn't agree more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of post deleted .......inappropriate comment.

• 3 weeks later...

I seldom see dogs in restaurants, even those that are pet friendly. Of the occasional dogs I see most are quiet and well behaved. There are very few whose owners allow them to wander about and annoy other diners, sit dogs on their laps with paws on tables, sit them on chairs beside them or allow them to jump and bark at wait staff and customers. (All behaviors I have seen at least once.) Those people should be asked to leave immediately but restaurant owners are loathed to do that. They risk losing the business of the other people dining in the presence of such obnoxious behavior.

I once met a friend for lunch. She was already seated when I arrived. We had a long, very enjoyable lunch. When we stood up to leave she reached down and picked up a leash on the ground. The other end was attached to her dog who had been sleeping under the table the whole time. The dog was seen only when entering and leaving and it never made a sound. If your dog would not pass that test do everyone (especially the restaurant owner) a favor and leave it at home or with a friend when you dine out.

I have had the same experience as Xena. I never take my dogs to restaurants but I like to see well behaved pooches in restaurants. Sure beats noisy kids.

The last I knew, the fine for violation was $50,000 pesos, which would put most restaurants under.

So keep your dog at home, please. Lakeside is fortunate to have so many restaurant options and such good food, which we miss a lot. However, with that comes the difficulty of having enough customers to support them all. For many, staying in business is tenuous, at best.

According to Rick from Early Bird, the health inspector told him that no animals could be in the kitchen. As most know, there were always dogs at Early Bird. Since he posts here, he can correct me if I got it wrong. As the Moderator said, this thread isn't for the debate of whether dogs should be in restaurants or not.

According to Rick from Early Bird, the health inspector told him that no animals could be in the kitchen. As most know, there were always dogs at Early Bird. Since he posts here, he can correct me if I got it wrong. As the Moderator said, this thread isn't for the debate of whether dogs should be in restaurants or not.

The Early Bird had the "pet friendly" sign out in front of his place, complete with a picture of a pup.

The biggest problem there was the chain smoking and it's attendant aroma. Gasp, choke.

Let's remember this thread is about listing dog friendly restaurants NOT debating the question of whether dogs should be in restaurants or not. "List" means we list the places that accept dogs.

If a restaurant allows dog, post the name and any caveats to their policy, such as on the patio only.

Again, I'll invite someone to start yet another discussion on that topic of dogs in restaurants as long as it doesn't get personal. Its great for activity levels on this board. :)

I have my whip and chair ready so have at it! :D

Let's remember this thread is about listing dog friendly restaurants NOT debating the question of whether dogs should be in restaurants or not. "List" means we list the places that accept dogs.

If a restaurant allows dog, post the name and any caveats to their policy, such as on the patio only.

Again, I'll invite someone to start yet another discussion on that topic of dogs in restaurants as long as it doesn't get personal. Its great for activity levels on this board. :)

I have my whip and chair ready so have at it! :D

deleted

• 2 weeks later...

Now that it has been clearly determined that per sections 5.2.8 and 5.8.6 of the health laws governing restaurants that "mascotas" are illegal in any area of a restaurant where food is being prepared OR served, this board can't in good conscience encourage restaurants to violate the health laws.

Reference:

http://www.salud.gob...m/093ssa14.html

Pertinent clauses: 5.2.8 and 5.8.6

Thread closed. Those of you who are customers of the establishments named above and who would also like to encourage them to follow restaurant health rules might want to print out the specific law cited on the other thread and give it to them.

Thread closed and unpinned.

Archived