Chapala.com Webboard

Dog Friendly Restaurant List

Ginger

Roberto's (terraces) - owner's dog sometimes runs loose
Pranzo in La Floresta (terrace / outdoor spaces)
Delizio in Chapala (back patio)
Marios in San Antonio (back patio)
Some of the waterfront places in San Juan Cosala (not incl the newest fanciest one)
Petrita in Chapala (east of the yacht club, good molcahete & right on the waterfront)
Cenaduria Elba in Chapala (NE corner of Zaragoza & Lopez Cotilla)
El Patio in Chapala (back patio / terrace)
American Legion - outdoor tables
Focaccia pizza / pasta / in San Juan Tec. east of Vista del Lago
Super Burrito on Encarnacion Rosas (between Go and Min Wah)
Salvadors next to El Torito (outside)
The Peacock Garden in Ajijic.
Lake Taco north of Walmart.
Lake Chapala Society.
Paninos (outside tables only)
Yves
El Jardin on Ajijic plaza
Cozumel in Chapala - end of the malecon
Pepito's - next door to Waffle House on Carretera
Brissis-in Riberas east of Mom's on the north side of the carretera next to a wicker furniture store.
Minwah (patio)
Los Molletes
Gossip Cafe (patio only)
La Una
Sunrise ( Only the very front table at the entrance)
Jasmine's Classic India (yard in the back and tables at the front of restaurant)
Tabarka
Las Olas (San Juan Cosala)
Mama's Kitchen next to Puritan Poultry (patio only)
Bar Thomas

Perry's

Arileo's

Monte Cristo (on patio)

DeLirio

Parrilla del Che (outside)

CocinArt

Deli 8 outside

Hacienda del Lago

Letra Ch

Opa!

La Peña de Santos Rico (patio only)

La Mision

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

10 days ago, there was a dog under a table at Gossip's on the patio but I'll ask next time I'm there or if you go there first, ask & I'll delete Gossip's if they just quit allowing dogs. Bubba's is under new ownership & I think pets are allowed on the patio. I'll add Perry's. Thanks.

Ginger, my wife is the one who said that she had spotted a post on this forum that said that Gossip's no longer allows dogs, so that was third hand info. ;-) I figured that you would confirm all of these before making changes. I just called Gossips and they said that dogs ARE allowed but only on the patio, not inside. So you might want to add that restriction for clarity.

We took our perro to Perry's just last night and also have friends who have done recently also, so I am 100% certain of that one.

Bubba's is under new ownership, and it is now called Thor's. Not certain of their perro policy.

Thanks again for putting together this most helpful resource! If I discover any more info, I will pass it along to you.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can now add Arelio's to the pet friendly restaurant list. They are located on the Carretera almost to San Juan Cosala but before the restaurants along the lakeside.

Delicious food, clean, great service AND pet friendly!

Valerie :)

The Market Cafe Welcomes all animals and will even provide water and a feeding bowl for them. They also provide home delivery of medically approved meals on a biweekly or monthly basis.

#24 Carretarra, 1.5 blocks from Colon, Inside Computer Solutions, Ajijic,

https://www.facebook.com/AjijicMarketCafe

33 1365 8376

ajijicmarketcafe@gmail.com

• 5 months later...

Last I heard Delicia's in Chapala no longer allows dogs even on the back patio. Some people were allowing their dogs to sit on the chairs and put their paws on the tables. Please remember to be considerate of the next person to sit at your table. This will help preserve the privilege of bringing your dogs into places that are kind enough to allow it.

Also, Thor's is now something like Mama's Kitchen and I do not know their dog policy.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am told by a friend at Lakeside that Roberto Cedro's restraunt closed a few years ago. It was a favorite of mine. Is another one open at the same location? It was across the street from a large hotel where we would go for Sunday lunch and quite near lakeshore in Ajijic. I believe it was on the street that runs beside the pharmacia/bank, but it may be one or two blocks west from there. It has been 10 years since I last visited, but I'm spending Christmas and the 1st week of Jan 2016 in a Jewel of a house.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived