Chapala.com Webboard

Yves for Breakfast

sm1mex

Monday a.m. a group of 8 of us went to Yves for breakfast. There were other patrons in the restaurant that came in after us and got served before us.

We were completely ignored. We had to ask the waiter for menus. 1 hour and 10 minutes later we had still not received our food.

We had to contact the waiter 4 times to get menus, juice or coffee, food, and the check. The spinach, cheese omlette was good but house potatoes very dry. The toast was served cold on a plate without a cover to keep it warm.

The service was so lousy, we won't go back.

Your experience was not the norm. We have breakfasted, lunched and dinnered there many times, and were always served well. Breakfast in particular has always been served hot, and house potatoes were always very tasty. Who knows? Maybe they were short staffed this holiday weekend, or someone quit unexpectedly...........these things happen. Consider giving it another try sometime.

• 1 month later...

I'd share this complaint personally with Yves. I guarantee you that he will listen and someone will be corrected so this doesn't happen again.

I find the food and service consistently very good. The view is great.

Yves is usually there, and often Mrs. Yves, too. Please give them feedback, they want to please as much as possible.

When I first moved here, Yves' restaurant was very upscale, in a house on Galeana. His sister had the restaurant Ajijic Grill, which was where Tango is now. Yves got married and moved away for some years, and Marielle left a few years later.

Interesting comment by gringal. If you have a bad experience at a restaurant, especially if it concerns service, by all means post a comment on the board. But, if a number of people respond with comments on how unusual that experience was, by all means try again. If it happens again, don't leave until you speak with the owner. I also place some weight on who says yeah and who says nay, but any staff can have a bad day. Hey, the problem may have been the kitchen folk. Anyway, with a location that good, maybe a second visit might be a good idea.

Archived