Chapala.com Webboard

100 Calorie Packs

Bisbee Gal

Yippee!!!

Walmart has newly arrived Nabisco 100-calorie snack packs. Oreos, Chips Ahoy and a Pretzel Mix. These are one of the few things I miss from the US as it is difficult to find low calorie individually wrapped snacks here. They are great to have on hand in the car, when errands run long, or to have at home when mid-afternoon hunger pangs set in (instead of that last piece of pie). Surprisingly, the price (24 pesos) is about what I pay in the US for this product.

They weren't on the shelves yet...they were stacked up in the aisle between school supplies and produce.

Thought I'd post in case there are others out there interested in stocking up on these products.

I would be really interested to know, for example, how many Oreos are in a 100-calorie snack pack. Could you post that info here? And if you have time, how about how many pretzels, and how many Chips Ahoy? Just curious...

These are not actual Oreos, or Chips Ahoy. They are baked thin wafers with the same flavor profile of the orginal brand. There are 20 wafers per individual pack (I just counted)....each wafer is about a 1" diameter (I just measured!).

These aren't the same as the real deal, but 100 calorie snacks are a nice diet aid/trick; satisfies my hunger with a small portion. Even my husband is a fan and they've become our 'car snack' of choice.

The pretzel mix looks more like the real thing; in the US, you can get everything from Pepperidge Farm Milanos to Lorna Doones to Italian bread sticks to Ritz Bitz in 100 calorie packs.

I make my own little zip lock bags of 100 calorie snacks...It is way too dangerous to just eat from the bag.

30 jelly belly jelly beans, or two heaping measuring tablespoons have about 100 calories.

18 mini pretzel twists ( I buy henderson brand at costco) have about 100 calories

1/2 cup of edamame is 100 calories

cookies are not my thing so I don't know....MoreLiana just wants to know what kind of a deal you get on cookies for 100 calories...

Its a little mind trip that works...

Womens day what does 100 calories look like ...google that and you will find a fun little quiz, I just saw it likie a week ago

I am courious, if you know that their are 100 calories, why would you want to know the number of pieces?

Because knowing the number of pieces that add up to 100 calories, a person--like Betsy!--could make her own 100-calory packs at a substantial savings over the pre-packaged ones. I don't plan to do this--I don't eat things with as many carbohydrates as cookies and crackers--but as I said, I was curious.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RevImmigrant

Snacking can really put the weight on you. I gained alot of weight after my hernia surgery last year because I took up snacking in the afternoons.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived