Chapala.com Webboard

restaurants by the lake

pedrok

new here and want some input on what might be the best restaurant of all the many restaurants on the curve just before u get to aguas termales and san juan cosala. they all seem to have good seating right by the lakes edge but I would like to know who might have the best food and service. thank u

To be sure, you would have to try them all, one by one. However, I would start with La Iguana de Piedra.

We second the recommendation for La Iguana de Piedra. It's at the far end of the line of restarants and you'll see a small "tower" on the top of it. Everyone we've taken there has loved the food and the ambiance. The waiters are very nice too. I recommend their version of Molcajetes Mixta (chicken, shrimp and beef) in a great sauce. Another recommendation is their Shrimp Empanadas.

I've been to Carnal (big shark out in front), Bambu and La Iguana de Piedra in the last two months. All were nice. We managed to run up a large bill at Carnal (didn't get a spot along the water because we arrived during the rush at 2:30pm). Bambu was lovely, but I could barely hear the person next to me when the band played (no, we were not right next to the stage). I chose to go back to La Iguana de Piedra a second time this last weekend. The service was pretty good both times. The molcajete mixto fed three adults for $200 pesos - and had a great flavor (handmade tortillas and salsa)! We got there a little early for the Mexican crowd (noon-ish) and had no problem picking a table right up by the water's edge.

Well, that is my two cents worth ;)

Happy eating!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived