Chapala.com Webboard

More Americans attacked?

Cookie

instead of blaming manny, maybe you should apologize. the news reports for PV were published incorrectly. the private bus line robbery was true. (near delores). as that can be confirmed via lakesidecrime or another forum. (it could have been on LSCs home page about mexico in general, i dont know if they keep an archive). if this happends again regardless if its premier or another, i wont go. especially if its that route, or passing near leon. PV: bus vs hiking trail, what does it matter? this news story was not PLANTED as someone commented, it was to reporting the news. as many people go to mexico for vacation. from florida &elsewhere. wouldnt you want to know about these incidents? then you can make your own decisions about travel? as for not "taking stuff" on a trip, i am not sure what that means. i have traveled in mexico & south america. pack expensive watches, clothing, camera. no trouble, i put some of this in the hotel safe (in the room) w/my excess cash. if i take a vacation i want to be comfortable. or i will stay home.

You named a company, ETN, as part of the issue. They were in no way indicated as part of the crime in any reports. You, Manny, named them as part of the story and nowhere is their company named. My issue with you, or anyone else that makes statements without proof, is doing an injustice to all involved. I don't think an apology is necessary in this case.

It looks like the first story was incorrect:

http://www.borderlan...e-tourists.html

The original reports were that the 22 tourist were assaulted by a "group of armed gunmen wearing masks". Further investigation has shown that there was one stereotypical Mexican "bandito" wearing a bandana, sun glasses and baseball cap who robbed them, not a group of armed gunmen wearing masks.

As reported in today's LA TIMES, the Carnival cruise guests who were robbed last week were accosted by a single masked gunman in a remote area off a main trail as they were headed to a hike in the jungle, according to interviews and tourism officials.

MPB reread my 2nd post. i stated that i used the name ETN, but meant that is was one of those bus lines. i clarified that. it could have been premier or the other. dont harp on something where it does NOT matter which bus line it was. they all leave from guad, & take the same highways. so the bandits could have taken any one of those lines. it is not relevant, & the bus companies cannot tell a customer from a robber. right? its like the terrorists buying a plane ticket & getting on in boston. if you dispute there was a armed robbery thats your choice. i am not to blame for the crime in mexico, or the 6 different PV stories. i dont care if you travel how you travel. neither do i care about "which" bus line. if this becomes a pattern then private bus is not my choice. i will fly, even if its complicated & more expensive.

manny is spoofing ya'll. No one is that clueless, he is just doing a good job of putting everyone on with his sarcasm, God bless his heart!

Archived