Chapala.com Webboard

More Americans attacked?

Cookie

I watched all the cable news this morning to compare the coverage on the Ohio school shooting and noted that Fox had a long crawl about the PV robberies running over and over..... That will at least keep lots of the tea party from coming down for vacations....

OK....that could have been it.

See my recent post on News from Vallarta for the real story. No need to worry about Tea Partiers. They have infiltrated everywhere and report daily to headquarters.

this was on several forums. w/links to american or canadian news papers. it was a bus tour & part of a cruise. they docked in PV. i am scared to take an ETN bus after other reports. any opinions? i do not want to be a prisoner!

Please provide the evidence where an ETN bus has had a problem that you suggest. If not an ETN bus, you seem to project fear into people and suggest problems that are not related.

My point is that Manny names places and things that are not accurate, an attempt to scare those that are not familiar with the facts. In the previous post by Mad max, it does not show where ETN was the problem, nor one to avoid. Yes, there are problems around us, but no one has the right to defame one that is not involved. I am not here to defend any company or person, just annoyed by some people that create problems that are not accurate.

There was no bus involved. Another case of erroneous first reporting. See below:

Getting it right....

Various accounts of an attack by banditos on passengers from the Carnival Splendor on tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico had major inaccuracies. A report on a Los Angeles TV news program last night said the tour group was attacked while on the bus. Other Internet and newspaper articles had the group of 22 passengers held by gun point. The truth is they were held up and robbed while walking along nature trail, on a guided jungle tour, outside of Puerto Vallarta.

So to set the record straight Examiner.com went directly to the Miami-based headquarters of the company and requested a statement.

Here’s what Carnival replied:

On Thursday, February 23, 22 guests from the Carnival Splendor were robbed during a guided nature trail excursion in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. There were no injuries and all guests returned safely to the ship.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Setting the record straight about attack on Carnival Splendor pax - National Cruise | Examiner.com http://www.examiner....x#ixzz1nnH20Svm

Scared of taking ETN? Why ? I travel a lot on buses and know they can be some assault but considering the number of buses on the roads, the chances of getting attacked especially during the day are very slim.

Perhaps the person is obese..why not take the new promotion air fares offered by Volaris?

Perhaps the person is obese..why not take the new promotion air fares offered by Volaris?

What is that fare? I saw Mexico City to PV but nothing about GDL to PVR. Please advise.

the news story about PV has conflicts. i believe the overhead bin link said they took a day tour w/a bus. if that is incorrect that is the fault of the newspaper. i guess hiking trails are not great either! so which is it, & why cant the news get it straight? as for the other bus robberies, yes they happened, on the way to delores. it was posted on a few forums. it could have been PREMIER, or one of the other private lines. the robbers bought tickets as customers, then robbed later, first the driver then the passengers. i said etn as a reference to the kind of bus it is. i have taken etn's, and this is a route where i have traveled in the past. this could also be posted on lakesidecrime as well. but i DID read this, as it was the exact time i was thinking about a trip. a short time later i read that 2 public busses were robbed, check lakesidecrime. i believe on the way to chapala. maybe reported on this forum? i dont save these reports. the private bus line was robbery was 100% true. i am nervous about this as it could affect me. since crime is on the RISE, this is an issue.

There was no bus involved. Another case of erroneous first reporting. See below:

Getting it right....

Various accounts of an attack by banditos on passengers from the Carnival Splendor on tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico had major inaccuracies. A report on a Los Angeles TV news program last night said the tour group was attacked while on the bus. Other Internet and newspaper articles had the group of 22 passengers held by gun point. The truth is they were held up and robbed while walking along nature trail, on a guided jungle tour, outside of Puerto Vallarta.

So to set the record straight Examiner.com went directly to the Miami-based headquarters of the company and requested a statement.

Here’s what Carnival replied:

On Thursday, February 23, 22 guests from the Carnival Splendor were robbed during a guided nature trail excursion in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. There were no injuries and all guests returned safely to the ship.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Setting the record straight about attack on Carnival Splendor pax - National Cruise | Examiner.com http://www.examiner....x#ixzz1nnH20Svm

there's a lot of money to be made on spring break and it seems every year there is a planted "news" story about how dangerous mexico is--interesting that this story can be traced to florida, who would be the prime beneficiary of any canceled mexico trips....

Two local buses were robbed near the large unfinished building on top of the hill and all the thieves were caught. No one was hurt.They were after money, jewelry and cell phones.

Buses do get robbed but so what you can get robbed on the street too. Just do not carry things you do not want to lose on a trip.

I am much more nervous about the driver falling asleep at thewheel on long trip than thieves.

I said anything you do not want to lose. You can take whatever you want but do not cry if it disappears.For me trips are more important than stuff, if stuff is more important to you just stay home.

Agreed, problem is the wife is a professional photographer and she lugs not one but two, and sometimes three cameras to any place she considers picture worthy. It annoys me because they are expensive and because carrying a camera everywhere to me screams out 'tourist."

G

That is a problem, I do not have expensive cameras but I once left one in a bag that did not lock at a station and it was gone after I picked up the bag.

The simple fact that we are foreigner screams tourist as well so that is our lot . I have read about some bus attacks so I carry the minimum on buses and hide my debit card on my person I, we do the same thing when we go to remote areas just in case. So far so good.

instead of blaming manny, maybe you should apologize. the news reports for PV were published incorrectly. the private bus line robbery was true. (near delores). as that can be confirmed via lakesidecrime or another forum. (it could have been on LSCs home page about mexico in general, i dont know if they keep an archive). if this happends again regardless if its premier or another, i wont go. especially if its that route, or passing near leon. PV: bus vs hiking trail, what does it matter? this news story was not PLANTED as someone commented, it was to reporting the news. as many people go to mexico for vacation. from florida &elsewhere. wouldnt you want to know about these incidents? then you can make your own decisions about travel? as for not "taking stuff" on a trip, i am not sure what that means. i have traveled in mexico & south america. pack expensive watches, clothing, camera. no trouble, i put some of this in the hotel safe (in the room) w/my excess cash. if i take a vacation i want to be comfortable. or i will stay home.

Archived