Chapala.com Webboard

South Dakota plates

cedros

This article http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_3d0515e8-7d34-11df-b02e-001cc4c002e0.html was posted by BellaFloresExports under Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara. It was inside an article about vehicle legalization and I thought it deserved it's own post.

I guess since that article is a year and a half old, if they haven't done anything about the situation by now they probably have decided to let things ride the way they are . It's a shame its so difficult for us to keep our vehicles registered when we live in Mexico.

See this thread on Mexconnect - the last from RickS gives first hand experience:

http://www.mexconnect.com/cgi-bin/forums/gforum.cgi?post=175668;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_expanded;;page=unread#unread

So if many of those SD plates were obtained by fraud as indicated by the lawyer at Bella Flores do you think insurance companies would use that to deny a claim?

Doubt it as the issue seems to be neighboring states complaining about lost tax revenue so the fraud would be someone who could have and should have registered in a neighboring state. They'd also have to prove the fraud in the US. People almost always lose in auto accident / loss cases, I've yet to see someone who wasn't screwed in one form or another.

People almost always lose in auto accident / loss cases, I've yet to see someone who wasn't screwed in one form or another.

Spencer, are you referring to auto accident claims in the US or Mexico? We have had several claims with our auto insurance company, and I wouldn't say I "got screwed" at all. We got paid (or received repairs) exactly as we were entitled to under the contract agreement. Courteously and quickly.

Archived