Chapala.com Webboard

Trip to Laredo from Guadalajara, by bus.

Jistme

We'd appreciate any information on taking the bus to Laredo Texas from Guadalajara.

Where can we buy tickets, and what bus line is the most comfortable ?

What time do the buses depart, and do they run seven days a week?

If you've travelled this route by bus, do you recommend it?

Thanks.

Guest RevImmigrant

That's a long way to ride a bus and if you have any chronic medical problems, They're not that comfortable. They're also COLD so if you take one, be sure to take a jacket.

You could fly Interjet to Monterrey, then take the bus from there to Laredo. It wouldn't be such a long bus ride and would be much more comfortable. I think the airfare R/T is about $200 USD.

I have taken ETN 's Executive class bus to Laredo. I bought the tickets at the Station in Tlaquepaque and left at 5:pm the several days later. If you are an mature person the tickets will be half price with your DIF/ INPAM card. The bus only made one stop in Monterrey at 4:00AM for 25 minutes and I just stayed on the bus. It arrives in Laredo perhaps 15 blocks from the border, so a taxi is in order.You should check on Executive class buses at Walmart bus ticket booth. You will need to get a taxi to bus station. The Bus shows 2 good English movies and gives you a bag of chips, sandwich and soda when you get on. Take your own water and perhaps a snack.

• 3 years later...

50 pesos is probably what it is, so if you're thinking 50 dollars US that is doubtful. Its only about 3 miles from either of the two bus stations, which are fairly close to each other, to the border.

Archived