Chapala.com Webboard

Pie to die for

cedros

I shouldn't post this as I may never find it again but we should share.

Today I bought an apple cream pie made by El Chef and it was fabulous. Many years ago when my mother was visiting she found a 5 star receipe for strawberry cream pie and it was the best pie I've ever had. The El Chef apple cream pie is right up there with it. I wonder who El Chef is? I've tried their regular apple pie which is good and their blackberry which is very good and their chicken pot pie which is the best one Lakeside. Sadly I'm having trouble finding the chicken one again.

I bought the pie at Superlake. I suspect they are sold at a number of different locations as I bought a chicken one on the street once.

The butcher in La Huerta Plaza has the pies.

Sometimes. I went there yesterday and today looking for the chicken pie but no dice. Tony's may carry them.

Thanks for this. The folks at Carol's Pies - which I love - seem to be on something of a sabbatical lately. Can't find them very often any more. Will keep an eye out for El Chef. Are these small, individual pies.....or just the big kind? Thanks.

They make both small and large.

It's Ken and his Mom and wife. They have slowly become pie masters since they started trying to raise money for the wife's medical costs a couple of years ago.

They are at SuperLake every Friday and Saturday. Fridays they usually only have dessert pies; Saturday they include chicken-pot pies and three kinds of quiche: red pepper, broccoli, and spinach. They try to make enough chicken pies to put in the freezer at the back end, but they sell out very quickly. I've tried to talk Ken into selling gravy along with the chicken pies, because while they are absolutely stuffed with yummy things, I always have to add my own gravy to keep it moist enough.

When one considers the cost of the copious amounts of food they cram into each pie, I'm amazed how low their prices are compared to so many others.

They put their phone number and email on every pie, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind the extra business of posting them here: Home: 763-3266. Cel: 331-264-0589. email: chefgordo58@yahoo.com

Archived