Chapala.com Webboard

Anybody been to Zona Zero...

HelperGuy

I was there last Friday with two friends, the all you can eat is only one item, chosen from about 10 that you have all u can eat on that item only, we had to sit on the third floor as the music was so loud on two, the food was forgettable, we will not go back..we are trying Tomas this friday as it is always good..

I was there last Friday with two friends, the all you can eat is only one item, chosen from about 10 that you have all u can eat on that item only, we had to sit on the third floor as the music was so loud on two, the food was forgettable, we will not go back..we are trying Tomas this friday as it is always good..

Ken I was there same time you were waiting to join a anniversary party, and was introduced to your 2 friends, you had the calamari which you said you liked because it was done the way you liked. Both your female companions had the ribs and both enjoyed them. You were given a sample of the clam chowder and all liked it, with your comment being you dont like cream soups. The music had not even started by the time you left, and your comment about having to sit on the third floor because the music was so loud, is just dishonest to say the least, they had not even arrived when you came to the restaurant and when you came to the restaurant I was alone on the top floor enjoying a glass of wine and watched you and your dinner companions cross the street, enter the restaurant, and come up to the top floor without hesitating at the second floor. It was obvious that your destination was always the top floor. You as a long time resident of Mexico and with the economic conditions as they are should appreciate that all enterprises are experiencing difficult times, and that they employ and support many Mexican families, to comment on these operations in an untruthful manner helps no one. Be a constructive criticic if you must, and as my mentor taught me "it takes no skill and talent to critisise [sp] the skill and talent is not to".

This post tends to reinforce my belief that "some frequent posters" are chronic BS'ers and are to be taken with less than a grain of salt. Happy to see that this poster was "called out". Don't continue to protect the malcontents the truth needs to prevail.

For the record: mix 1 part fresh lime juice, 2 parts licor de naranja, 3 parts tequila or licor de agave. Serve over ice and you will have a wonderful margarita.

Just to get the record straight, I liked the calamari, my friends did not like the ribs, and the margaritas had no tequila in them, that is why we will not go back,,,also the music is much too loud....

Yes Ken lets do get the record straight. Both your lady friends expressed to both you and I that they liked the ribs, in fact it was you who asked how were the ribs, and the lady seated opposite you stated they were very good and offered you her fork with ribs on it, which you ate, and then agreed. To say that the margaritas had no tequila in them I can't comment as I don't know.... except they reordered margaritas, strange but if there was no tequila in them why would you want another? The music was "much too loud" the entertainers on Fridays are 2 singers and they perform Mexican and Latin music. The female is Daniel Cordero's sister in law and again they weren't even there when you and your party arrived, I was with you for a good deal of the time you were in the restaurant from when you ordered your first drinks finished them ordered seconds and then ordered your food and was with you when it arrived and you had finished most of your meal. It was then that I went downstairs to be with the 61st. anniversary celebration. I saw you and your paryy leave, wished you a good evening, and can state that the only time the musicians had done anything was possibly testing and checking there equipment before you left. Gosh Ken I know we are getting old and some times memory is the second thing to go! Anyway I hope you enjoy your visit to Tomas manana. Jerry Mayfield is entertaining there and he always gives it 110%.

Archived