Chapala.com Webboard

Your Favorite Costco Finds!

Travis

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much does a membership at Sam's and Costco cost at lakeside? I am moving to Ajijic in August and wonder if I should purchase the membership here in Arizona or wait until I get there.

http://www.costco.com.mx/portal/dt?JSPTabContainer.setSelected=JSPTabContainer%2FMembresiasContainer&last=false

I know Costco can order in SALTED butter as I have asked twice while I was shopping but they haven't gotten around to doing it.

While you are there, (if you miss being able to buy salted butter at a reasonable price), why not stop by and ask to see the manager.

If enough of us ask for it, I'm sure they will stock it for us.

I would be very happy to have CostCo salted. Pancho used to carry it when CostCo did. Perhaps someone here (Toltepeceno?) could offer an explanation of why unsalted is about all you can buy in Mexican brands. Or, conversely, it is just a NOB thing? I'm not familiar with European preferences...

I would be very happy to have CostCo salted. Pancho used to carry it when CostCo did. Perhaps someone here (Toltepeceno?) could offer an explanation of why unsalted is about all you can buy in Mexican brands. Or, conversely, it is just a NOB thing? I'm not familiar with European preferences...

Europeans generally use unsalted butter. Most higher-end cookbooks specifiy unsalted butter in their ingredients lists.

Salted butter is the preference in the USA.

If you want salted butter for your morning toast, use unsalted butter with a to-your-taste sprinkle of salt.

Kirkland unsalted butter is truly wonderful.

SL usually has two imported brands, Lurpak and Anchor. And that is what most of us use, I'm sure. I now use the CostCo unsalted butter for cooking, and save the salted Anchor for putting on bread or steamed veg, that kind of thing. In England, they just always used salted, according to my favorite Brit.

Archived