Chapala.com Webboard

Your Favorite Costco Finds!

Travis

We like the Kirkland Brand ham slices and check the asparagus prices whenever we go.

Non food items we buy the two pack bottles of eye glass cleaner which comes with a very nice frame repair kit .

Also members can get FREE Hearing Test ( Great soundproof room) also Free Eye Exams, appointments are necessary for both.

Fox

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnsonville Polish Style hot dogs/sausages, at least in Puerto Vallarta. Not available in Houston nor are they listed on the Johnsonville website. My wife is not a hotdog fan but she loves these. Sometimes also available at WalMart.

Yakisoba noodles packages that you microwave, Morey's frozen Pacificsalmon, and their hummous are all very good. Now if they would only carry microwavable meat pies.

Guest RevImmigrant

The frozen shrimp wonton soup is good.

Does anyone know when they will get more pot pies in? My friend likes them and wants me to get some for her when they come in.

I always stock up on the canned Kirkland Albacore Tuna. Can't seem to find anything like it Lakeside.

They carry the same brand at Superlake but more expensive. I love it too, but have been warned about the high mercury content in albacore tuna.

They carry the same brand at Superlake but more expensive. I love it too, but have been warned about the high mercury content in albacore tuna.

Ditto for us, this is the best tuna and at our age we don't care how much mercury is in it. They tell me if you ever break one of those new curly energy efficient light bulbs and clean up the mess the amount of mercury you will be exposed to will be off the charts. Home Depot employees had to attend a lengthy safety meeting about the dangers of cleaning this stuff up. Wonder why the US EPA has not banned this potentially dangerous product.

It's the same brand because Pancho arranges to have popular Costco items delivered to his store. Of course they are more expensive. It is a service that Superlake provides. Drive into Guadalajara, buy a Costco membership card, and buy the items there. Just don't criticize Pancho for running a business and making a fair profit.

It's the same brand because Pancho arranges to have popular Costco items delivered to his store. Of course they are more expensive. It is a service that Superlake provides. Drive into Guadalajara, buy a Costco membership card, and buy the items there. Just don't criticize Pancho for running a business and making a fair profit.

I am not criticizing Pancho at all. I am very grateful that he carries all the products that we want and know that he has to charge a bit more for the service of bringing it in. Just wanted to let the poster know that they can get the product here but will pay a little bit more.

I am not criticizing Pancho at all. I am very grateful that he carries all the products that we want and know that he has to charge a bit more for the service of bringing it in. Just wanted to let the poster know that they can get the product here but will pay a little bit more.

My apologies, really. I hear a lot of people disparage Super Lake and I mistakingly assumed the worst when I saw your earlier posting.

My apologies, really. I hear a lot of people disparage Super Lake and I mistakingly assumed the worst when I saw your earlier posting.

Apology accepted. Thank you. I love Superlake and hate when people criticize him. Yes, his prices are higher, but he has everything I want and need and will order just about anything you want and have it in the store the next day. I find more items in his store than I could get it my town NOB. Plus, I don't have to drive to Guad all the time.

I'm not a fan of canned meat but the canned chicken chunks Costco sells is really good. It's packed in water & is sold at Costco wrapped in packages of 6. I'll have to check at Super Lake to see if Pancho carries it individually. Makes a good chicken salad sandwich. It even smells good when you open the can & isn't the usual canned mystery meat. It's great to have on hand when you don't feel like making a grocery store run.

I might mention, for those interested in tuna, that the Mexican version of Starkist, in the foil bags, comes without all the unnecessary water or oil, and while nowhere near light or white, it has a decidedly better taste than the local canned stuff. And it's cheaper, by quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Kirkland butter. Thank god, a really good alternative to Lurpak's crazy price and the god-awfulness of Gloria.

2. Those gigantic Tassos green olives stuffed with pimento.

3. Kirkland brand tequila reposado. It is marvelous, smooth and caramel-y. One of the major distilleries makes it, but I don't remember which one.

4. Navarro Correas colección privada vino tinto: a mix of cabernet, malbec, and merlot from Argentina. The label has a tree on it. They don't have it very often. If you see it, grab it--and grab one for me, too.

I hate to be a stickler but Kirkland does not have reposado tequila. They have anejo and silver or blanco. I hope they release a reposado. I prefer a reposado for my margaritas. Speaking of margaritas, the Kirkland margarita mix is awesome! Not too sweet with just the right amount of tartness. Excellent!

I was in the Costco once. Of course I'll be revisiting during our transition. I went on the LCS Cruz Roja bus trip - great cause - great deal. I had left at home my Costco card and credit card never thinking. The service desk staff were so sweet and helpful. The english speaking lady got me sorted out straight away. She has good english but she turned the experience into a bit of an english lesson for herself, charming.

I noticed they had most of the great Kirkland brand products. I noticed that Mx. sourced products were way cheaper than the imports (no s**t sunshine). Lots of great cheese and alcohol. Two of my favourite food groups, along with gravy.

One item I can purchase here is frozen blueberries. I can get Dole brand or a Canadian product (Probably out of Nova Scotia) that are those tiny organic wild blueberries. To die for - smoothies - and one bag = 2 blueberry pies. A la mode or whipped cream. Shut up. Organic eggs, organic salad greens, organic milk and other dairy. Cheap coconut water. No salt butter. I love the pharmacy section here for low cost supplements.

One thing I did notice from the posters was a general love of products with a lot (and I mean a lot) of salt. Tsk, Tsk. Those wonton thingies, get out your magnifying glass and read the label, yummy yes, salt bombs ditto.

I had a great looksee and walked out with a bottle of the Kbrand tequilla and a bottle of yummy french chablis that was a third of the price here.

Guest RevImmigrant

The Costco pharmacy generally has a better stock of medications than most of them around here. Most of the time I can get a whole month's supply of most of the numerous medications I have to take there so I don't have to make repeated trips throughout the month to the pharmacy.

Where does one get Yakisoba noodles? Don and Jim of Lakeside express say they don't have them at Costco and they aren't in their online catalog that I can find. Thank you for any help

Where does one get Yakisoba noodles? Don and Jim of Lakeside express say they don't have them at Costco and they aren't in their online catalog that I can find. Thank you for any help

I have bought yakisoba noodles at Toyo on Av. México.

Guest RevImmigrant

If you want cooked, prepared ones, I saw them at Costco in the freezer section today. If you want to cook them yourself, then, as More Liana suggested, Toyo has them. Wal-Mart has a pretty good selection of Asian ingredients too.

How much does a membership at Sam's and Costco cost at lakeside? I am moving to Ajijic in August and wonder if I should purchase the membership here in Arizona or wait until I get there.

I'm not a fan of canned meat but the canned chicken chunks Costco sells is really good. It's packed in water & is sold at Costco wrapped in packages of 6. I'll have to check at Super Lake to see if Pancho carries it individually. Makes a good chicken salad sandwich. It even smells good when you open the can & isn't the usual canned mystery meat. It's great to have on hand when you don't feel like making a grocery store run.

The tuna is Kirkland Albacore and Super Lake sells it in individual cans.

aToday I found and ordered through lakesideexpress.com site Big Daddy's (all made in Ajijic) Greek Meat Balls, Greek Souvaliki and Tzaiki Sauce . I love Greek food and and hoping these items will live up to my hope and dreams. If they do I will be making spanokipa, triopita and have a Greek dinner party.

Archived