Chapala.com Webboard

Xmas goose, or just goose in general.

borderreiver

Is it possible to buy an oven ready goose anywhere Lakeside ? Preferably fresh, as in locally raised.

I know it's hard, but please try to adhere to the topic. I don't really want to be subject to all your latest "goose" jokes, but I've got this feeling. It's a kind of warm "goosey" feeling combined with a goosey gravy with too much madeira. I'm doing one for Xmas. My goose will "be cooked". Yummylishus.

• 2 years later...

There is always duck. WalMart has frozen ducks (patos). Good with orange sauce. And enough for two, a brace for 4, no wondering what to do with the leftovers. And of course there is the BEEF roast with Yorkshire pudding, Do invite me over if you are doing the Yorkshire pudding!

I have talked with Tony about the goose issue. He says he is asked often and the answer is not likely. I asked again this year. When I pick up our meat order Monday afternoon I will ask again. Maybe I should also ask Pancho at Slake if he can get frozen ones with a lot of notice.

Tony has said he could probably with some effort get better duck than the frozen Pato at Walmart. I have cooked several of those and they are just fine, a little skinny but no leftovers is a good thing since I am not likely to want it the next day or two.

Archived