Chapala.com Webboard

Hairdresser lakeside

oilman

I'm a BIG James Don fan, he rescued me from the terrible cuts, I'd been getting else where locally and his colur techniques are to die for.

. His salon is on the lateral west of the village, opposite Soly Luna and Tabarka, 766-4073..

<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_252215" style="margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; float: right; font-size: 11px; ">

Jim Coolidge of Gloriosa @ the Libramiento Plaza Interlago 132-13. Phone: 766-3372. Liked James Don's work, but absolutely LOVE the miracles performed by Jim Coolidge. His haircuts are 250 pesos. He will soon be offering manicures/pedicures with OPI products as well as facials and massage.

Beautiful and very comfortable setting. Shampoo chair is divine and Edna's head massage (aka shampoo) is phenomenal. Jim previously worked his magic in Honolulu and SFO. (This is a non-paid promotion by highly satisfied customers!!!)

Jim Coolidge of Gloriosa @ the Libramiento Plaza Interlago 132-13. Phone: 766-3372. Liked James Don's work, but absolutely LOVE the miracles performed by Jim Coolidge. His haircuts are 250 pesos. He will soon be offering manicures/pedicures with OPI products as well as facials and massage.

Beautiful and very comfortable setting. Shampoo chair is divine and Edna's head massage (aka shampoo) is phenomenal. Jim previously worked his magic in Honolulu and SFO. (This is a non-paid promotion by highly satisfied customers!!!)

I second that!

Guest RevImmigrant

I now go to Sissi at New Look Studios. She gives me an excellent haircut.

I went to Sasha twice and liked her cut, but I don't do stairs too well so I changed to one without any stairs. If you can take her stairs, Sasha is also excellent.

For cut, color and highlights, I paid 1000 pesos at James Don. At Sasha for the same I paid about 500 pesos. Does anyone know what Jim would charge for the same services?

Jim is wonderful. I just got the best haircut I've had in fifteen years of living in Mexico... he understands STYLE. We chatted for a while and I was impressed that he refused to put highlights into a young lady's hair that was already fried with a perm...told her that her hair would fall out. The man has standards!

Give him a call to find out pricing on different hair treatments. You'll be impressed.

• 2 months later...

I went to Jim for a haircut in February and had the best cut I have had in years. I have curly/frizzy hair and between the cut and the product he recommended I am thrilled! He is a miracle worker when it comes to hair!

For cut, color and highlights, I paid 1000 pesos at James Don. At Sasha for the same I paid about 500 pesos. Does anyone know what Jim would charge for the same services?

Gloriosa Salon (Jim Coolidge) for haircut for women (short hair) including wash & blow-dry = 250 pesos

Color is 380 pesos

Roots 380 pesos

Highlight 60 pesos

If you come to the fundraiser for Daniel Jackson Garcia this afternoon at the Score from 3:00 to 7:00, all those services plus a facial & a mani-pedi will be auctioned off plus there will be 3 bags of excellent hair products in the raffle.

Sasha in Chapala does a wonderful job! Her prices are not the cheapest, nor the most expensive - they are middle of the road. The prices are very fair when you consider that she uses high quality products (many salons in Mexico do not).

Side note...someone mentioned an issue with climbing a flight of stairs...Sasha is more than willing to schedule an appointment in someone's own home.

btw, the "chocolate treatment" was found at the Ajijic tiangus, the booth with all the finger nail polish. $100 p only.

I will pay to have it done to save my arms, my hair, buying a 450 degree flat iron, the electricity and for the same reason I don't redo my own transmission LOL. I want a professional job.

Archived