Chapala.com Webboard

Hacienda Ajijic Steakhouse revisited

Mainecoons

We were going to eat at Brunos tonight but went there and it was closed up tighter than a drum. So we kept going and went to Hacienda Steakhouse.

Both of us ordered the fillet special, 99 pesos and a glass of red wine, 38 pesos. Good pour on the wine. The steak was ordered media rosa and that's the way it came out. It was tender, tasty and cooked to perfection.

Last time we ate there, we were pleased with the steak but not the sides. Same problem this time. The only side was some overcooked spaghetti. No bread, no veggies, nada. The chips and salsa were good.

So, as before, a mixed review. Very good and generous and properly prepared steak. Good if somewhat overdone service. Decent pour of wine. More road noise than I like even indoors. Very nice dining room.

At 99 pesos, the fillet was a good buy. At the normal 160 pesos with no bread and poor sides, not a good buy IMO.

We had steaks tonight at Hacienda Ajijic Steakhouse as well. For a side we were offered not only the pasta that Maincoons had but we were also offered a choice of potato, or a salad, or vegetables. We both chose a baked potato. Maybe his waiter was in a hurry - too bad. Love their seasoning and steak cooked perfectly.

Guest RevImmigrant

I go there fairly regularly. I particularly like their arrachera and the salsa. You can get beans instead of baked potato or pasta and the beans are always good. I'm not a big fan of baked potatoes anyway (I prefer boiled or fried made from left-over boiled ones and I do not like their baked potatoes. The one time I had them they were very small, not cooked well and had far too much sour cream on them, particularly for the size of the potatoe.

Archived