Chapala.com Webboard

60s in Paradise

gary c.

I think you are right.

As of today, we are making some changes, one being no more potato chips, french fries with all burgers. (Unless someone specifically asks for chips!)

We do offer specials each day, with different topping for free or the stuffed burger of the day, usually 1 to 3 different ingredients for free. Trying to make it different and interesting with gourmet burgers of different ethnic flavors and spices. Each day something new, but no extra cost.

Some people do feel the burger is just too big, so that is an easy fix! And for some reason did not even think about it. I guess I was worried that people would think I was being cheap to offer a smaller burger. So, as of today, we will make a 5 oz. burger (still bigger then most places in town) and we can let the customer choose toppings.And we will call it the Gringal Burger ?!?! (Smile, have to have a little fun with this).

Thanks for the input.

You go, girl. Why not name it the Grinch burger? The Little Richard? The Original Skinny Elvis?

Anyway......by way of making suggestions, here's one from my burger-loving husband: On that big sirloin burger, flatten it down and use a bigger bun. That way, it's easier to add the condiments and goo, and still have an easy-to-eat sandwich.

I was going to offer the same suggestion about the skinnier burger...and it has nothing to do with the price. I just like a skinny burger and so do lots of other people. I am a big fan of left overs , but bugers don't hold up very well the next day....The Gringal burger sounds great!

Love the name "The Little Richard" !

We have it on the Specials Board already this morning as Gringal Burger and have already sold 5 with cheese and fries to go!

Have been getting emails with some fantastic suggestions. I have already had a meeting with the staff and they are actually excited about some of the changes. We still have the original cook's and they really care about this restaurant and making things right. That is so hard to find in help, I feel very lucky to work with them.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to help me with this.

I'm honored. ROFL. I hoped in my youth to become rich and famous. Who knew that my claim to fame would be having a burger named after me tempoarily. Actually, I like the "Little Richard" much better as a name. Please? PLEASE!

Glad you're getting some action on that.

I'm honored. ROFL. I hoped in my youth to become rich and famous. Who knew that my claim to fame would be having a burger named after me tempoarily. Actually, I like the "Little Richard" much better as a name. Please? PLEASE!

Glad you're getting some action on that.

Now I really must go and have a gringal burger. Forget about the Little Richard, make mine a gringal.

Congratulations.

You can always make them at home. Then you can use whatever you want for meat (I like more fat in my meat and sometimes make them with beef and pork mixed), add whatever you want to the meat for seasoning, make the patties as thick or thin as you want and cook them as rare or done as you want at no extra charge (well, maybe a little bit for the gas if you want well-done). If you don't have a grill or don't want to get it out, you can add a little liquid smoke to the meat before cooking, then put them on a grill pan in the oven. When cooked, you can put whatever you like on the bun or bread with the patty(ies). M-M-M-GOOD!

Or, if you're in Guad, you can always stop at the Tajoh Burger like Peter recommended. Their's sound delicious.

I do grill burgers for my burger-loving husband. What I find interesting is that the hamburger I buy at Tony's (even Wal-Mart) has almost no fat. When I "fry" it up for meat sauce, for example, I never have to drain the fat. In fact, I often have to add some oil to keep it moving. I'll try adding some pork and see how that works for us. I grill on charcoal and love the flavor this adds.

Carol

Love the name "The Little Richard" !

We have it on the Specials Board already this morning as Gringal Burger and have already sold 5 with cheese and fries to go!

Have been getting emails with some fantastic suggestions. I have already had a meeting with the staff and they are actually excited about some of the changes. We still have the original cook's and they really care about this restaurant and making things right. That is so hard to find in help, I feel very lucky to work with them.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to help me with this.

I certainly didn't mean to set anything in motion ... we just have to watch our budget. I appreciated the personal email from the owner. We appreciate being able to go back to 60s, as I said it was always my husband's favorite. We know that ordering malts adds a lot to the bill; ice cream is expensive. So knowing that we can decrease the bill a little by ordering smaller burgers will help. We don't take anything extra on the burgers -- no cheese or mushrooms, etc. We'll be back when we are ready for the 6 k walk.

Carol

Guest RevImmigrant

Carol, I fnd the meat at Tony's far too lean. I buy mine at Carnes Selecta next to El Sarape. The lady in there will make the ground meat (beef or pork) with any percentage of fat you want; you just have to tell her. She will grind it once or twice as you want too. She makes the ground meat when you order it.

Her other meat is equally good. I get pork tenderloin, ribs, beef filet, arrachera. I have a big freezer so I can go there every few weeks and stock up.

Meat is better with some fat. It cooks better and tastes better. My parents, who grew up on farms where they always butchered their own cows and pigs, told me that years ago. For steak get one with marbeling. If you look at a picture of the Japanese Kobe beef, look at the marbeling it has.

Best burgers are still at Early Bird, the former owner of 60's. Sandy

I agree as to best burger quality but it's the former former (as in original) owner of 60's who now has Early Bird - and all this hamburger talk sent me there yesterday... Yum.... plus a root beer float!

I agree as to best burger quality but it's the former former (as in original) owner of 60's who now has Early Bird - and all this hamburger talk sent me there yesterday... Yum.... plus a root beer float!

Where is the Early Bird located?

We have been to both hamburger places and the prices are almost the same. The menu's are almost the same as well.

We think it is a personal preference. 60's has a much lighter and happier ambiance and the burgers taste like you are at home grilling outside, so we prefer this. We are not smokers so the Early cafe was just too hard for us to sit and eat.

We went to both restaurants this week and 60's was busier and we were surprised that the service was so quick. For us, 60's really has the best burger, but then, we had a bad experience at the Early Bird. On our second bite into the hamburger for early bird we bit into a toenail, yuck! Where are they getting thier meat if there was a toenail in a burger they served. We will never go back!

Archived