Chapala.com Webboard

New "bakery"

HelperGuy

The Costco we go to has its own bakery with a lot of employees wouldn't think they would be buying from another bakery....also Pancho buys a lot of items from Costco each week and then marks them up in price. I would almost be willing to bet lakerheron's take is right on.

The Costco we go to has its own bakery with a lot of employees wouldn't think they would be buying from another bakery....also Pancho buys a lot of items from Costco each week and then marks them up in price. I would almost be willing to bet lakerheron's take is right on.

I thought the same thing... I recognize a lot of Costco bakery items at Super Lake. But he does provide a service for those who don't shop Costco or don't have freezer space.

This is from his own mouth. CostCo also buys their breads, frozen, from this baker, as does Pancho. And they bake them at the store, so they are fresh. Applies to the bagels, the croissants, and so on. As do, I'm sure, many others. He tells me it's a pretty big bakery business.

It's quite obvious if you go into SuperLake and get some bread fresh out of his oven. It's the same stuff, but baked at his store. And I'm sure there are many others who buy from the same bakery. Just look at the labelled bags Pancho has to put the bread in; the name LaBrea (from California) is the same, but you don't suppose he buys a stack of empty bags from CostCo as well?

Archived