Chapala.com Webboard

Artistic Iron Shop w/bird cages. Still open?

MountainGal

There is a shop which sells artistic iron work from a factory in Guadalajara. Located west of Ajijic by a few miles on the south side of the carretera. Has a giant yellow bird cage out front. I went by last Friday, but it was closed with only the giant bird cage (suppose that always stays out). The sign is still on the building Does anyone know if this shop is still open?

They have a place in Tonala or Tlaquepaque (I forget which) that will custom make anything you want. The fellow on the cte has a catalogue of items and pictures as well. I usually see him open when I got by around noon but I don't really pay attention. I do love their stuff.

If it's the fairly new (one year?) place on the south side of the carretera west of the new Pemex, I believe they are only open weekends, catering to the Guad squad, I presume.

• 3 years later...

The iron-worker in San Antonio does birdcages also, I think. On the carretera, lakeside, …… stretching for landmarks…..between Panino's and what used to be Mail Boxes Etc., and is now the new location of iShop. Whew.

The iron works shop does good work. They built a 6' glass table & wrought iron chairs for me last month. BTW, Handy Mail is still in it's location. The new iSHOP is on the corner.

Archived