Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico's "Indignados"

mikewlig

He didn't have an easy time finding a positive spin for the escalating toll exacted by his war on drug gangs - 50,000 dead, mostly innocent civilians, in the last five years.

Yep, just ask mexicans that live it.

Just how can one determine the extent of the truth or lie in any news article? The million dollar question.

I certainly do not trust the National Media... they are at best, self-serving.

That said... how much of the article I have just read can I believe, either? What's their agenda?

Big business has come to resemble strongly the robber barons of the last century. The National Media often defends their actions... after all, they are owned by moguls too. Look at Rupert Murdoch and his ilk.

Certainly I don't know... but, sadly, I strongly suspect that there is more than a little truth in that article from Truthout.

Like the fella said... maybe we should follow the money. Lizzy

I don't have the expertise or knowledge to critique this article.

Anyone care to have a go at it?

Mexico's "Indignados"

Well as to SME, the electrical company only had about half the employees who physically went to work and the rest just stayed home. The service people requested that should have taken say a couple of days took weeks and the utility lost millions every year.

This is similar to the teachers unions. Many teachers have fake credentials, no education and when they leave their job they sell it to a family member or friend. yet, on a recent national test for teachers the average score was 20%.

Sister-in-law in Mexico City works for government and is expected to show up at work 2 to 3 days a week. She is a supervisor and no work computer to take home.

I bought a new motorcycle from a person in Mexico City for 22,00 p. It normally sells for 38,000 p. I was told the seller needed cash for an emergency. After buying it and more probing I was told many people who work for the municipal government in Mexico City do not physically go to work. Also, the city buys cars, motorcycles, cars, scooters, etc and then literally give them to their buddies. Mine was one of these "gifts".

In summary, hard to blame Calderon for these disgruntle union workers. I have nothing against unions but the ones in Mexico are not of the same breed as NOB.

Well as to SME, the electrical company only had about half the employees who physically went to work and the rest just stayed home. The service people requested that should have taken say a couple of days took weeks and the utility lost millions every year.

This is similar to the teachers unions. Many teachers have fake credentials, no education and when they leave their job they sell it to a family member or friend. yet, on a recent national test for teachers the average score was 20%.

Sister-in-law in Mexico City works for government and is expected to show up at work 2 to 3 days a week. She is a supervisor and no work computer to take home.

I bought a new motorcycle from a person in Mexico City for 22,00 p. It normally sells for 38,000 p. I was told the seller needed cash for an emergency. After buying it and more probing I was told many people who work for the municipal government in Mexico City do not physically go to work. Also, the city buys cars, motorcycles, cars, scooters, etc and then literally give them to their buddies. Mine was one of these "gifts".

In summary, hard to blame Calderon for these disgruntle union workers. I have nothing against unions but the ones in Mexico are not of the same breed as NOB.

Here the Unions and bug businesses support the same candidate fully. In mexico state Eruviel, the pri party, just got elected governor and was the only candidate with any financial backing. Everywgere you looked was/still is images of him on busses, taxis, billboards, big buildings, etc. The pan party candidate, bravo mena, I probably saw 4 or 5 posters TOTAL of his and literally eruviel's was everywhere.

The pri party goes door to door giving away bucket's (I don't know why they choose buckets most of all) for votes. The businesses and unions get kickbacks from the pri party for supporting and financing the pri party. Like you said, the unions here are not the same breed.

We have a friend of the family that is mexico state police. He does construction on the side and it seems he is doing that all of the time. He says he does not have set days to work and it seems to be hardly ever. He's a great guy personally, as opposed to the police around here. It's just that he hardly ever seems to do cop work.

Just how can one determine the extent of the truth or lie in any news article? The million dollar question.

I certainly do not trust the National Media... they are at best, self-serving.

That said... how much of the article I have just read can I believe, either? What's their agenda?

How can you say that? That's such a typical, blanket, unfounded, ultra-conservative piece of malarkey. (No disrespect intended.) Give us one iota of proof that the collective 'National Media' here or in any North American country is that way.

Archived