Chapala.com Webboard

Jim Cramer owns 3 Homes in SMA

Ajijic

Any time a talking head on TV touts a product or place, I wonder what his ultimate motivation is. I really liked hearing his take on Mexico because it is contrary to US media reports, but the cynic in me questions his motivation. Just nice to hear a positive report on Mexico on a network for a change.

Any time a talking head on TV touts a product or place, I wonder what his ultimate motivation is. I really liked hearing his take on Mexico because it is contrary to US media reports, but the cynic in me questions his motivation. Just nice to hear a positive report on Mexico on a network for a change.

He bought 3 houses and wants the values to rise!

He bought 3 houses and wants the values to rise!

It was not a planned investment, it was the fruit of a successful lawsuit.

At same time he is advocating people buy homes in Mexico in general... sounds positive to me and better than all the narco negative news NOB.

I find it odd that no matter what, some always look at the negative side. No matter what gets posted by others there are those who just can not see the positives. In this case a person who obviously has a following with many viewers and more money than most is saying look at Mexico as a place to buy property. Maybe some just need a "happy" pill to quit sounding like grumpy old men.

Viva Mexico

I don't think anyone owning property here is against the idea of Mexican real estate values rising. Since I own a house in SMA which has taken a real hit in value, and still another here in Ajijic.......I'm all for a recovery, but hope and optimism are not the same as fact. The recovery is the future so far.

So, if Cramer owns three houses in another state, that's a real "duh", IMHO. :rolleyes:

Actually, in a time when RE in sunbelt places like NV, AZ, FL has lost as much as 2/3rds value, I'm amazed prices here have held up so well. I'm not the least bit surprised to see a lot of the Canadian and European money going to FL right now where they can buy for fifty cents on the dollar.

Prices are soft here but nothing on the order of what is happening in the U.S.

Truthfully, when you look at what $200K won't buy here and compare that to the above, it is a little shocking.

The most inflated Mexican RE like San Miguel has definitely been burned more than the RE here. I understand it is also pretty rough in some of those places Californians drove way up like Cabo and Puerto Penasco.

Archived