Chapala.com Webboard

David's Cafe

hensley

Our Ladies 6-Pack Friday group went here today and they were very accommodating, had us all set up and service was great.

The menu had a great variety and a couple of the ladies ordered some salads that were out of this world. Crab salad huge $45p, grilled Chicken salad %50p and a chicken salad sandwich which looked really good.

A couple of ladies had the pies, peach, apple and pecan and they said they were wonderful.

Beer $16p and Wine $29p

I think the food, prices and service was excellent.

We will return.

I'll second that, Hensley.

Good food and friendly service. I've often wondered why more of the lunch bunches don't meet there.

Parking could be tricky, tho.

Patti B)

Our Ladies 6-Pack Friday group went here today and they were very accommodating, had us all set up and service was great.

The menu had a great variety and a couple of the ladies ordered some salads that were out of this world. Crab salad huge $45p, grilled Chicken salad %50p and a chicken salad sandwich which looked really good.

A couple of ladies had the pies, peach, apple and pecan and they said they were wonderful.

Beer $16p and Wine $29p

I think the food, prices and service was excellent.

We will return.

Thanks for the tip. Which city in Paradise is the marvelous place located!?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm embarrassed to say that after living here a while, I hadn't made it to David's. Always on my list just never made it to the top.

I'm happy to say, I had breakfast there today and could kick myself for not going sooner. It was delightful. Spinach omlette with toast, choice of sausage, bacon or ham and beans or hash browns. $39 pesos. They were happy to substitute fresh fruit (melon, papaya, strawberries, bananas - yum) for the beans/hashbrowns. It was fresh and flavorful. Real spinach leaves and cooked to perfection. A nice latte as well. $22 pesos.

My dining partner had chorizo scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and coffee and was equally pleased.

The service was great and the atmosphere was friendly. We enjoyed it very much.

I'll certainly make my way back much sooner than later.

Archived