Chapala.com Webboard

Pot Roast

Betsy

So yeah, I want to cook a roast in my crock pot...What do I ask for?

I would go to Tony's next to Superlake. They are the only meat market around that I know of that would probably know what to sell you for pot roast. I gave up on cooking beef in Mexico. The last roast I cooked (not in the crock pot) took 3 days before it was edible, and even with all that cooking it wasn't very good. I did find out that if you add a can of coke to the meat in the slow cooker it will act as a fairly good tenderizer, but for me, no more trying to cook a pot roast here in Mexico. :blink:

So yeah, I want to cook a roast in my crock pot...What do I ask for?

Go to the meat market across from Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala. They speak English, have worked in the U.S. and know U.S. cuts of meat. I bought a chuck roast for pot roast there and it was wonderful. They also know Prime Rib roasts, Round and so on and are less than the grocers.

Go to the meat market across from Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala. They speak English, have worked in the U.S. and know U.S. cuts of meat. I bought a chuck roast for pot roast there and it was wonderful. They also know Prime Rib roasts, Round and so on and are less than the grocers.

you can also ask for 'carne para pozole, pero entera, no la partes porfa' but don't let them cut it in pieces. it's pretty close and comes out tender.

Archived