Chapala.com Webboard

Hotels in Alamos, Sonora

Orygun Duck

We're thinking of visiting in Alamos on our way north in mid August instead of our usual stop in Navajoa. Would like to hear from people who have stayed in Alamos recently regarding sightseeing in the town and, particularly, moderately priced accommodations. (From what I've found thus far on the Internet it seems like the San Miguel of the North - at least price-wise.)

We're thinking of visiting in Alamos on our way north in mid August instead of our usual stop in Navajoa. Would like to hear from people who have stayed in Alamos recently regarding sightseeing in the town and, particularly, moderately priced accommodations. (From what I've found thus far on the Internet it seems like the San Miguel of the North - at least price-wise.)

Maybe this link will help. We cannot recomend Casa de los Tesoros, based on our stay there last year while heading north. Which is a shame because it has been a pleasant place in years gone by.

http://www.alamosmexico.com/category.asp?ID=72

Look up www.sancarlosmexico.com and look for "forums" over on the left.

Fair number of folks here are familiar with Alamos and would be glad to help you out. Lizzy

Not tryng to talk you out of it, but it's pretty hot there in the summer. We stopped overnight (like you, instead of Navajoa) two summers ago. It was simply dead. Restaurants were closed; nothing going on. It is indeed quaint, but I wish we'd visited in another season to get a better feel for it.

That said, we stayed at the Puerto Rojo B&B, which appears to have closed (not listed at the Alamos site). Many friends of ours have stayed for lengthy periods at the Casa de Maria Felix and enjoyed it (in the winter during Alamos' highly regarded annual music festival).

Archived