Chapala.com Webboard

Tarbarka

desafinada

We tried Tabarka's lunch special today. 49 pesos for a nice lunch sized portion of fish served with green salad and bread basket. The fish was fresh and perfectly prepared. The special is available until 2:30. It is either a fish plate, they decide the fish, or a vegetarian plate. Today's fish was hamachi. We thought the portions were perfect for lunch.

I have gone twice, had the fish option, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The fish was unusual, delicious and beautifully presented. For me it was a perfect amount for lunch. Husband wanted more food so he ate lots of the bread with garlic butter and was happy.

Met some friends there Sat. night at 7:30 and we were the ONLY people there for the entire 2 hours.....Sorry to see that! Hope more people come out and support this great restaurant. I started with the seafood chowder that was a tomato base with fish, shrimp, clams and I don't know what else but was really good and in a large bowl. My husband chose the Calamari appetizer and I sampled it thinking it was yummy as well. We enjoyed the Fish Grill for 2 people with Bonito, Sea Bass and Scorpion Fish along with choices between Romero (rosemary) sauce, garlic sauce and green sauce and for our 3 sides we ordered lentil salad (outstanding), green salad and roasted peppers. They were all delicious and generous servings. I had a glass of the house red wine ($40 pesos). For the two of us,the bill came to $470 pesos.

We've eaten there about once every 3 months and enjoyed the consistently well prepared seafood. I realize it's the rainy season but surely do hope they can hold on 'til more people come out to dine.

Valerie :D

We brought some out-of country guests there two weeks ago; three of us shared a paella (for 3), one of us had the grilled fish (prepared for 1) along three different appetizers.

Everything was delicious; prices reasonable and service very accommodating. I agree with thevalerieleigh - it would be a shame to loose this wonderful restaurant. We plan on going back this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived