Chapala.com Webboard

Casey Anthony

pera

I think I'm having flashbacks to when I lived through the Tonya Harding serial stupidity series in Portland.

If they wanted to go home, why couldn't they have found a guilty verdict the first hour of deliberation?

I watched most of the trial and although I think she did it, there wasn't any evidence the child was murdered or a connection to Casey murdering her.

This is one of the few times justice really did work as it is supposed to because she wasn't convicted based on belief and instead the jury took the evidence seriously. There was too much reasonable doubt.

It's a sad day for an inept police department that was called several times and told there was a body and it didn't respond to the calls, sent an officer who didn't look, and it was another 4-5 months before the body was found. If the body had been found earlier maybe enough evidence would have been on it for a conviction.

They didn't declare not guilty for 10+ hours of deliberation because they had to have lunch; special smoke breaks; AND go through a mountain of paper work for each charge.

They really didn't have time to deliberate much; they never sent a question to the judge; they never revisited any of the evidence; some of them didn't even take their notebooks into the deliberation room and Judge Perry gathered those up and sent them in to them.

Already, some are breaking silence and negotiating paid interviews.

I do agree with you about the police reaction; the officer who was negligent lost his job over it; had Caylee's body been found early-on, it's likely there would have been much more tangible evidence.

However, given that it was circumstantial evidence, I think the prosecution brought it home. I think we had lazy, indifferent, greedy, and frankly uneducated jurors on this case, and it's a travesty of justice for a sweet toddler who lost her life at the hands of her own mother.

Archived