Chapala.com Webboard

Zetas

ekraemer

The warning was actually issued by the State of Texas Department of Public Safety:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/07/texas-dept-of-public-safety-issues.html

It seems to be one of those CYA announcements that will probably end up meaning nothing, but who knows!

The warning was actually issued by the State of Texas Department of Public Safety:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/07/texas-dept-of-public-safety-issues.html

It seems to be one of those CYA announcements that will probably end up meaning nothing, but who knows!

Texas DPS report, Rick Perry, Texas governor, former claim to fame as Texas A & M cheerleader, has his sights on Obama in 2012...Go figure.

I think that part of NAFTA prevents either country from doing anything to inhibit trade or tourism in the other country. So, propaganda, rumors, slanted or exagerated news reports and other meddling by individuals have become an effective substitute. The USA has done this sort of thing, to keep money at home, in the past. A major program was conducted in the 1960s, which really messed with people's travel plans, including my own family. They even held passports illegally, but that was soon corrected with apologies, but not with the travel vouchers to which they were entitled. Meanwhile, everything we owned was en-route to Turkey, where I had just arrived to find housing. Had to buy their tickets myself! The program ended after a few years and the government quietly paid for everyone's return to the USA.

Wow, RVG, what a story. I remember that time as well but didn't have any personal experience as I was only coming and going to MX and had no problems then.

Do you remember Bob Dylan's Desolation Row when he referred to that saying: "They're painting the passports brown."?

just crossed Thursday, arrived Ajijic on Friday. several Federal checkpoints and two major accidents made the trip slow going, but not a Zeta in sight :)

I live in Nuevo Laredo and nothing out of the ordinary happened over the holiday weekend. Army/marine units were a little more visible but I am not aware of any incidents, certainly nothing involving US citizens. I'm not sure who was being warned because day tourist/shoppers and Laredo residents stopped going to Nuevo Laredo 6 years ago during the Gulf-Sinaloa war and have not returned.

Archived