Chapala.com Webboard

Terminal Two

HelperGuy

Wow. Did not realize that arrivals from Mexico City come in at the new Terminal Two. Flights connecting in Mexico City from Guadalajara also leave from Terminal Two. Terminal One still has National Arrivals, with no indication of other possibilities (like another terminal). When we couldn't find our friend's arrival time on any electronic boards at the airport the other day, I asked about six differently employees... not one indicated Terminal Two, although two did say the plane had landed, and pointed me the wrong way.

When we took him back on the weekend to fly out, we did the AeroMexico thing at the check-in counter, even though he had printed his boarding pass online, and even though there is an electronic check-in booth... he was still instructed to the ticket counter in Terminal One. And it took him just as long to check in, where they wouldn't give him seat assignments for his connecting flight. Later, after making the trek on foot to Two (and discovering they have parking), we also discovered you can check in there. (In fact, Two seems to be dedicated to AeroMexico.)

Finally, we got a message from him deep in the airport at Mexico City: his Guadalajara leg had blown a tire, the plane left late, and even though he had three hours to get to Mexico City, they were late arriving. There's only one flight out of there to Montreal: 1:05 am... so he was forced to hang around for an extra 24 hours, with no recompense offered for food or lodgings. No fun at all.

Next time friends arrive via Mexico, I'll know better where to go. It would help if the airport itself pointed this out.

Sorry to hear of your friend's unpleasant experience. We were apparently more fortunate with our missed flight.

We had flown in from Denver with very little time to make our connection and missed the flight by a lousy five minutes. (I had asked directions from the WRONG person.) It was about 8:00pm.

The desk attendant sent us to customer service, where I waited in line for what seemed like forever. When my turn came, I explained to the gentleman that we had missed our connection. The next flight was at 7:30am, he said... would that do? I asked for a later departure...I was pretty sure they would put us up....but no idea where.

We settled on the 8:30am flight... he then proceeded to fill out a voucher for a room at the Airport Hilton, two dinners, and two breakfasts. (Oh goodie! It just happened to be my birthday, and well...)

Thus fortified with new hope... we went to check in.

This in took a long time too...mainly on account of another slooow line. By the time we got our baggage to our room it was 11:00pm, the restaurant still going strong. The service and dinner were very good.

We went to bed happy... the breakfast buffet was to die for, and we did make our flight.

I don't know what happened with your friend at the airport, but I suspect he never made it to the same Customer Service Desk I did.

We were exhausted, but thankfully the experience turned out well in the end.

Our lesson... never travel without granola bars, and know where to find Customer Services. L

I was looking for information on which Terminal Interjet uses. Last time we flew, last summer it was in Terminal 1. The information I found last night - somewhere on the internet - was that only AeroMexico and Viva Aerobus fly out of Terminal 2, all others are in Terminal 1.

Is that correct? We're flying IJ out of Guadalajara in a couple of days.

I was looking for information on which Terminal Interjet uses. Last time we flew, last summer it was in Terminal 1. The information I found last night - somewhere on the internet - was that only AeroMexico and Viva Aerobus fly out of Terminal 2, all others are in Terminal 1.

Is that correct? We're flying IJ out of Guadalajara in a couple of days.

I saw only signs for Aeromexico and Viva Aerobus at the Terminal Two counter... there are only four or five desks in all.

I saw only signs for Aeromexico and Viva Aerobus at the Terminal Two counter... there are only four or five desks in all.

Thanks! That matches what I saw last night. I can't remember where I found it, it took some digging, but it had the arrivals and departures for Guad and showed which terminal. I think AeroMexico has pretty much moved into Terminal 2.

Since some of you have been to Terminal 2, can you tell me exactly where it is? If I am in Terminal 1 facing the ticket counters, which way do I go?

Thx, Joni

To the left, it's basically all one long "terminal". Although much of the newer #2 is vacant and as mentioned flights come in the far end (South)from MX City and I believe other domestic locations.

To the left, it's basically all one long "terminal". Although much of the newer #2 is vacant and as mentioned flights come in the far end (South)from MX City and I believe other domestic locations.

Sorry, which way are we facing? If you are outside the Terminal One doors, about to go inside: look to your right. At the end of the terminal is a covered walkway, which then bananas around to the left, past a storied parking lot and finally to Terminal Two's main entrance.

If you are inside facing the check-in counters, as opposed to the ticket booths in the middle of Terminal One, you must go to the end where Burger King is, and exit the building, and then turn left to see the covered walkway.

Thanks! That matches what I saw last night. I can't remember where I found it, it took some digging, but it had the arrivals and departures for Guad and showed which terminal. I think AeroMexico has pretty much moved into Terminal 2.

I think that AeroMexico is flying their small planes out of Terminal 2 - Embraers etc. The larger planes still seem to be leaving from Terminal 1.

I think that AeroMexico is flying their small planes out of Terminal 2 - Embraers etc. The larger planes still seem to be leaving from Terminal 1.

I don't fly often, so I don't know exactly what qualifies as 'larger'. However, I just flew to and from Oaxaca on Aeromexico. The outbound plane was five-across and flew from Terminal 2. The inbound plane was three-across and flew into Terminal 2.

I don't fly often, so I don't know exactly what qualifies as 'larger'. However, I just flew to and from Oaxaca on Aeromexico. The outbound plane was five-across and flew from Terminal 2. The inbound plane was three-across and flew into Terminal 2.

Thanks for that info - blows my theory out of the water!

Archived