Chapala.com Webboard

inport sticker

lcrop1

The FM3 is now obsolete, as is the green booklet. Presently, that is a plastic card visa, called 'no inmigrante'. As soon as the newest procedures are instituted, it will be known as a 'residente temporal' visa on a 'tarjeta de residencia'..

Seems it was only a year ago that you could NOT get an FM3 in a foreign consulate, that's why this one didn't make sense to me, but then many things puzzle me.

Not really true. Many started the process at a NOB Mexican consulate which allowed furniture to be brought into Mexico.

Not really true. Many started the process at a NOB Mexican consulate which allowed furniture to be brought into Mexico.

It was that way for a long time, I jumped through all the hoops NOB with Dr. report, police etc. But then when the new cards came into being last year there was a period when you couldn't get them at consulates NOB. Obviously that was a short term thing for whatever reason and once again has resumed the original procedure, but the point is that this IS Mexico and the most consistent thing is change, so we've not seen the whole new picture by any stretch of the imagination yet.

I just picked up my inmigrante card, familiar, (formerly fm2) at a consulate here in mexico yesterday, it's not possible any more to get them in the us. It has my curp on it. When we crossed this time in nuevo laredo I told them I was going to get an inmigrante card and they did not charge me there for the fmm, I paid for it at santander when I paid for the inmigrante card fees. So not being able to get them at the consulates here is bad info, in the us the said they could no longer do them. It is laminated, not a credit card type.

As a kudo for the inm office here they were great and fast. It was ready 1 day after turning everything in and paying. Very nice and friendly, I also speak fluent spanish if that makes a difference have lived here a long time and just getting around to the fm2.

I also got my auto import sticker online while in the us. It was 50.00 and it was in my hands in 3 days with the paperwork shipped overnight. They mentioned the deposit but if you buy online by card they do not take it, just your card info.

It's good as long as your papers are, mine as long as my inmigrante card. For some oddball reason if you add the "work" option you cannot legally have a foreign plated car and it has to be 10 years or older to change to mex plates. I am retired and don't plan on working, we may start a business but it will be the mex wife.

As an inmigrante familiar I can take the citizenship test in 2 years.

Archived