Chapala.com Webboard

Las Quekas Del Abuelo To Close Its Doors Forever Monday

ficklepie

I just got back from Las Quekas and Sylvia and Sergio have informed me that they'll be closing the restaurant after the weekend. They will be open up to and including this Monday.

I told them that I would post something here on the board and they said that they'd love to say goodbye to their clientele before they close.

I'll miss their great food and warm company.

That's terrible! My wife and I just ate there last week. Wonderful owners, great food, reasonable prices. It's a shame that more people didn't take advantage of this terrific little restaurant. Every time we were there it seems we were almost the only customers.

We had lunch there today and found out the sad news too. Sylvia promissed to email the address of where they will be opening their new place in Guadalajara. I'll post that when I get it. We don't go to Guadalajara all that often these days but I can imagine a day will come that wanting some quekas and chicken soup will prompt a drive into the city.

Sergio and Silvia asked me to translate and pass along this note from them to you:

With thanks in advance for your patronage of our service and food, we inform you that Las Quekas Del Abuelo will close here in Ajijic, starting Tuesday, June 21, 2011. We wish you all a very pleasant stay.

Yours sincerely,

Silvia and Sergio

My friend and I had a late lunch there today which was delicious. We will miss them greatly, especially talking to Sergio and Sylvia. What warm, intelligent people. We will follow them to Guadalajara when they open their new place. Too bad more people didn't know about little restaurant.

Buena suerte, Sergio and Sylvia.

Very sorry indeed to hear of the loss of this amazing little gem of a restaurant. During their short run they offered the most distinctive and IMHO best quality "sit down" Mexican food in Ajijic. I hope they thrive in Guadalajara. Sergio is a very talented cook, and Sylvia among the warmest, kindest hosts we've ever encountered.

Archived