Chapala.com Webboard

"Cool Scoop" ice cream

Buddy Love

There's a nifty new ice-cream place beside Cinnabon at the Laguna Mall, called Cool Scoop. They have a gimmick I haven't seen before: they make the ice cream right before your eyes. You really have to watch to appreciate it.

Some kind of super-cooling device sits under a metal tray, and the mixture of naturally-sweetened soy "milk" and your choice of any kind of fruit or chocolate bar mash is poured onto it. The "chef" stirs the mix with a couple of spatulas, and it begins to freeze. It's like an inside-out ice-cream maker.

The best part is, low in calories (120/cup), and the taste is fantastic, leaving no sugary slurpy sticky in your mouth afterwards. 35 pesos. The owner is a fun guy, and they also offer malteds, frappes, and a few other frozen items. I've been two nights in a row already... . Not to mention, there's a great breeze at that mall in the evenings.

Gringal,

Your prices are way off. You may want to correct them. It is more like 20 pesos and 35 pesos.

I'll have to check next time I'm there.......I've been wrong before. I just don't remember paying that much for a cone. Maybe I was blindly desperate for a fix. :020:

It does sound like Cold Stone Creamery which we didn't care for cause it tasted like the guy before you because they didn't clean the cold stone.

I could be wrong but I did not see any prices posted by Gringal!!

I edited the price quote out of that post. Somehow, I had the notion that the Gelato place was less. Guess not. I prefer the gelato, however, on its own merits to most other frozen treats available hereabouts. :unsure:

I could be wrong but I did not see any prices posted by Gringal!!

She must have edited because when I first read her post she quoted Buddy as saying 350 pesos instead of the 35 pesos he stated & then said the gelateria was something like 250 pesos, I think. Just added another zero by mistake, is my guess.

They use only a soy mixture. They thoroughly clean the cooling surface, and the mixing paddles. The taste is completely unlike gelato or anything else I've had, but it definitely is "ice cream".

How could something made from soy possibly be known as ice cream?

Ice Soy sure but ice cream

Isn't that like letting oleo margerine be called butter... Which I've never seen

Maybe it should be called "Aint no .... way this is Ice Cream"

Can't wait to try this place! I love Cold Stone from NOB....on Weight Watcher's and not quite sure how to calculate that in my Points.. Hmnn...Gonna have to give that some thought before I take the plunge but it sounds wonderful!!!

Valerie :D

Archived