Chapala.com Webboard

ACA going out of business

sm1mex

I was at the organic tangius this morning and ACA, the organic farm is going out of business, west of SJC. This announcement was also in the Reporter.

Marie was handing out flyers indicating they are having a going out of business sale, everything has to go. The phone number for information on the flyer was 766-4539, contact name Beverly if anyone is interested.

The Traveler

I was at the organic tangius this morning and ACA, the organic farm is going out of business, west of SJC. This announcement was also in the Reporter.

Marie was handing out flyers indicating they are having a going out of business sale, everything has to go. The phone number for information on the flyer was 766-4539, contact name Beverly if anyone is interested.

The Traveler

There is another recent thread about this sale see - landscape plants, herbs, veggie seedlings closing out sale at ACA organic farm

:( I was so sorry to read about this, it was such a good program and a benefit to both the local and expat communities. Just when things are really starting to look up, with the organic market doing so well, sheesh. I was there today and ACA was soo busy, selling veggies like crazy, and trying to keep up with the demand. I have to say I like their vegetables better than anyone else's, always so fresh and nicely packaged. It has to be extremely hard on Marie, who has given a great deal of her life to this. She sure is in for a shock when she goes back to Canada, can't be out in the garden all year long and it is COLD.

I am SO sorry to hear this! As an organic farmer of thirty years, I know how hard it is, and what a heartbreak it can be. I don't know how to contact Wendee or Marie, can someone help me? Thanks.

Wendee and Marie are active on Facebook.

Wendee is

http://www.facebook.com/wendee.hill

and Marie is:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000694911758

The Traveler

So sorry to hear this. What is the availability of organic produce at Lakeside, other than ACA? Since my last trip to Lakeside, I've become a juicer and will be bringing my juicing machine with me on my next trip. I'm very interested in obtaining organic veggies.

So sorry to hear this. What is the availability of organic produce at Lakeside, other than ACA? Since my last trip to Lakeside, I've become a juicer and will be bringing my juicing machine with me on my next trip. I'm very interested in obtaining organic veggies.

Go to the organic market on Tuesday mornings at the Centro Laguna shopping center across the street from Walmart, on the libramiento.

• 3 years later...

Thanks! I appreciate the information. I'm juicing anything organic and green that I can find ;-)

How is the juicing going... I am a juicer too, in fact bringing my back up juicers with me. I am having them all serviced (balanced/tuned) before I set sail to Ajijic.
How did your move go, and did you find a good source of Organic Produce?
Ilene

How is the juicing going... I am a juicer too, in fact bringing my back up juicers with me. I am having them all serviced (balanced/tuned) before I set sail to Ajijic.
How did your move go, and did you find a good source of Organic Produce?
Ilene

Note the date of the posts: 2011

Realize you enjoy editing other post however looks to me like the date of PORTIMOM post as above was on 18 Aug 2014-11:05 AM maybe I don't know how to read the dates?

Maybe it's just your reading comprehension skills,bigd,Gringal's point was that Portimom was replying to a three year old thread.

Realize you enjoy editing other post however looks to me like the date of PORTIMOM post as above was on 18 Aug 2014-11:05 AM maybe I don't know how to read the dates?

Maybe it's just your reading comprehension skills,bigd,Gringal's point was that Portimom was replying to a three year old thread.

Bigd never read the proverb that suggests that the longer you carry a grudge, the bigger and heavier it gets.

There are many organic things to buy at the market but ACA was the only stand that had kale, collards, and mustard greens. Other vendors have turnip greens but not the other greens. Hope some one decides to grow them.

The traveler

There are 3 other stands with kale and collards. Deena's stand at the west end,one mid-way along the south wall and one other I'm not able to bring to mind at the moment.

There are 3 other stands with kale and collards. Deena's stand at the west end,one mid-way along the south wall and one other I'm not able to bring to mind at the moment.

Whoops! I didn't see the dates of these postings.

We hate to have some people give us advise because we know how badly they need it themselves. (hope no misspellings)

Well as long as you're bringing it up,I believe that you have confused the verb (advise)with the nown(advice).

Archived